1. Background and introduction **
Gavi Alliance’s (“**Gavi**”) mission is to save lives and protect people’s health by increasing equitable and sustainable use of vaccines.
Gavi is a public-private partnership that helps vaccinate half the world’s children against some of the world’s deadliest diseases. Since its inception in 2000, Gavi has helped to immunise a whole generation – over 888 million children – and prevented more than 15 million deaths, helping to halve child mortality in 73 lower-income countries. Gavi also plays a key role in improving global health security by supporting health systems as well as funding global stockpiles for Ebola, cholera, meningitis and yellow fever vaccines. After two decades of progress, Gavi is now focused on protecting the next generation and reaching zero-dose children who have not received a single shot of routine vaccines, employing innovative finance and the latest technology – from drones to biometrics – to save millions more lives, prevent outbreaks before they can spread and help countries on the road to self-sufficiency. The Vaccine Alliance brings together developing country and donor governments, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, the World Bank, the vaccine industry, technical agencies, civil society, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and other private sector partners.
For more information, please visit the Gavi website: http://www.gavi.org
2. Background of the team and purpose of the role
The Gavi Communications team has a key role in the organisation, raising awareness and increasing understanding of the Gavi mission and impact. To do this, we engage with a wide range of audiences including journalists, Alliance partners, donors, implementing countries, general public and staff at the Secretariat. The team consists of nearly 30 communications professionals, with varied experience across media, digital communications, content production, writing, video, photography and data visualisation. The team is passionate about Gavi’s mission to save lives through immunisation and works in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
3. Description of services:**
The Gavi Communications team is looking for a design coordinator to help us deliver top-quality communications products at great value.
A key aspect of the role will be to provide high quality, timely support to the Executive Office to produce complex and customised leadership presentations for a variety of audiences. This will involve being able to create slides, both in-house and through working with design agencies as required, that present complex information and data in visually compelling ways to ensure greatest impact for the target audience.
The person will also develop design briefs; facilitate the resourcing and procurement process; assist with budgeting and cost control; as well as project manage the design development and approval process from start to finish. The role will involve day-to-day liaison with both internal business owners and a range of suppliers such as creative agencies and printers. The person will have a key role in assisting internal business owners to define and prioritise their needs, developing comprehensive design briefs and project plans; advising suppliers on application of the Gavi brand guidelines; and ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget. They will also need expertise in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to be able to edit and update design files and PowerPoint presentations.
Creative and resourceful mindset, passion for great design, flexible and open-minded attitude, project management and organisation skills, attention to detail and ability to collaborate effectively within a diverse team are a must for this role. Since scientific evidence and accurate data are paramount to us, the person should have proven experience in turning complex information and data into compelling messages and visuals.
Main duties & responsibilities:
Specific duties include:**
· Lead the production process of complex and customised leadership presentations, working closely with the Executive Office team, and creative agencies where necessary
· Plan and create PowerPoint presentations which present complex data and/or information in visually compelling ways to achieve greater impact for the target audience
· Be responsive to assist with leadership presentations for multiple audiences with varying lead-times, including editing/creating PowerPoint slides with short turnaround times
· Assist Communications and other internal teams with identifying communication product requirements and design needs and turning them into comprehensive briefs and project plans
· Investigate and propose appropriate resourcing, procurement method and potential suppliers
· In collaboration with the Procurement team, project manage the procurement process with external suppliers and internal business owners
· Liaise with creative agencies, printers and other suppliers, ensuring high quality, value for money and timely delivery of design projects
· Leverage internal expertise in data visualisation, video, photography and writing
· Edit and update Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop design files
· Act as a focal point on all branding matters, ensuring that the Gavi brand guidelines are upheld and applied consistently yet creatively across all our visual assets
· Ensure that Gavi brand assets are current, well organised and made available internally on request
· Evaluate and report on supplier performance
· Plan, monitor and report on budgets; maintain control of project costs
· Assist in the project management of other communication initiatives
· Coordinate a refresh of all internal and external templates (e.g. fact sheets, letterhead, PowerPoint templates)
*Note: The essential functions listed in this section are not exhaustive of the job responsibilities; other duties may be assigned consistently with the department needs.
4. Location: Gavi’s Geneva office, Switzerland or remote (subject to discussion)**
5. Qualifications and work experience required:
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline such as design, communications or marketing
· Degree, diploma or professional qualification in graphic design, digital design, communications or project management would be a plus
· Minimum 3 years of experience in design project coordination and creative agency management within a multidisciplinary communications or design team
· Expertise in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop to create and edit communications materials; experience with other design software would be a plus
· Proven experience creating high-quality PowerPoint presentations, and translating complex information and data into compelling infographics and visual slides
· Experience managing procurement processes and budgets
· General experience in communications, marketing, digital media and print production would be a plus
· Project management/coordination skills
· Creative mindset
· Communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and individually
· Strong numeracy and business writing skills
· Influencing and negotiation skills
· Ability to create and edit materials in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop as well as MS PowerPoint; editing skills in other design software would be a plus
Note: short-listed candidates may be asked to complete a timed test to demonstrate their design and communication skills.
§ Written and spoken fluency in English
§ Fluency in French would be an asset
- Duration of Assignment: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
7. Selection Process and expected timelines
· Interested parties should respond by completing Annex One and returning their application before midnight on the Closing Date;
· Gavi will shortlist and invite for written tests and/or interviews (1–2 weeks)
· Contract negotiation and signature (1–2 weeks)
We are committed to fostering a just, equitable and diverse culture free from racism and discrimination in which all staff, partners and stakeholders feel empowered, safe and heard.
How to apply
If you wish to apply, please visit our Careers webpage and apply by sending your application to email@example.com with the title “**Design coordinator**”**003-2022-GAVI-RFQ** – before the closing date of Monday 24 January 2022;23:00 (CEST).