Position Name: Senior Procurement Officer
Position Reports To: Procurement Manager
The Senior Procurement Officer supports the procurement team in ensuring efficiency and integrity of the processes for procurement of goods and services at Jhpiego’s office.
1. Procurement of Goods and Services
- · Perform procurement functions for goods and services with utmost integrity.
- · Prioritizes, evaluates, and manages procurement needs and opportunities.
- · Coordinate procurement processes in collaboration with the Procurement Manager.
- · Document all processes followed in procurement for references, audits and other third party reviews
- · Provide coaching and mentoring for supervisees to perform procurement functions.
- · Support in updating vendor’s database in line with Jhpiego’s policy
- · Support procurement committee functions
- · Ensure compliance with document retention strategy for the department.
- · Support the Procurement Manager in sustaining compliance to USAID and Jhpiego procurement regulations.
- · Support review meetings with all project procurement staff to review compliance and implement improvements and best practices.
- · Conform to compliance indicators for procurement. Track and report against performance.
- · Conform to the established sourcing and procurement processes that promotes transparency and integrity.
- · Enhance supplier relationships to drive sourcing & supplier initiatives to meet or exceed product quality, service & deliver sustainable cost reductions, while reducing or mitigating risk in procurement management.
Qualifications and Experience
- · Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or equivalent related qualification
- · MBA is highly desired
- · Purchasing-related certifications will be an added advantage.
- · 6+ years’ experience in procurement required; in USAID- funded procurement preferred.
- · Knowledge of global sourcing and procurement strategies, tactics, processes, procedures, and systems.
- · Proficiency in Microsoft office tools
- · In-depth knowledge of USAID and other international donor regulations
- · Experience supervising staff
- · Ability to exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- · Strong negotiation skills
- · Adaptable, creative, collaborative and able to think strategically.
- · Ability to lead in the face of complexity in a fast-paced and time-sensitive environment.
- · Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written)
- · Able to work under pressure, take initiative and manage and prioritize work independently.
- · Ability to travel to and work in state in which Jhpiego operates
How to apply
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified consultants should send their updated CV to email@example.com using the job title and location e.g.**”** Senior Procurement Officer, Abuja “ as the subject of the email.
Application Closing date:
Close of Business Not Specified
· CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
· The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
· Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
· Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
· We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
· Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
· JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org