<![CDATA[Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of AAH Country Director in Nigeria, your role is to ensure the security and safety of AAH staff, activities and facilities. You act as a key advisor to the AAH management teams, bringing up your technical expertise regarding context analysis, risk mitigations, strategy implementation and problem solving.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
– Conduct evaluation, review and update of the Security Risk Analysis and associated security management plans for Action Against Hunger Nigeria
– Reference and ensure compliance to ACF Security Management Framework and all annexes inclusive of gender security components
– Compile and submit monthly security reporting that track incidents and trends within the ACF’s area of operation
– Submit contextual updates as needed to the Country Director (CD)
– Provide regular trainings to staff on security preparedness, prevention and response – Training(s) may include Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs); Contingency Plans (CPs); Security Management; Incident Reporting; Prevention and Response Mechanisms; Communications protocols, etc
– Provide technical support to the Country Director on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity
You have an academic degree and/or experience in the field of Security, International relations, humanitarian program management or logistics
You have been exposed to volatile and stressful environments, and are able to operate in the most efficient way whenever an unexpected situation arises
You have demonstrated capabilities in planning, organizing and executing humanitarian security operations
You have a clear understanding of the humanitarian principles, code of conduct and specific sub-sector role linked to NGO field and operations contexts
You have excellent analytical, critical thinking and reporting skills
You have outstanding networking and relationship skills and feel comfortable meeting with diverse stakeholders (local authorities, INGOs, partners, armed group leaders etc..)
You have excellent communication skills and foster information sharing amongst the teams
You ideally have knowledge in communications technology, including, satellite communications, cell phone mediums, etc
You have knowledge of various local, regional, country and international policies on safety and security
You have an very good proficiency in English (both verbal and written)
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
– Monthly gross salary from 2400 to 2800 EUR upon experience
– Per diem and living allowance: 401 + 256 EUR (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
– + 450EUR as country allowance
– + 16% of monthly gross. For non-French citizen for retrocession of retirement and unemployment insurance.
– + child allowance
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (CFE + complementary health) and repatriation insurance
Leaves and RnR:
– 25 days of paid leaves per year.
– + 20 RnR per year.
– + 215 EUR at each RnR period (every 12 weeks).
– Financial contribution for flight tickets during RnR
– Free and unlimited access to the e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
– HEAT Training
– Contribution to external trainings costs upon eligibility
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here