Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health, Psychosocial Support and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2021, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 25 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Your main objective will be to implement the logistics policy of the mission to ensure good logistical performance and provide the best possible support to the programs throughout his/her zone.
– Provide leadership in the area of activity – monitoring and analysing logistical indicators in his/her zone
– assessment of the logistical capacities of his/her zone
– support to Program Managers in the assessment of their needs
– Implement and ensure the performance of the supply chain – ensuring conformity with ACF procedures at each stage of the supply chain
– performance in respect of costs, quality and timeliness in the supply chain (purchasing, transport, stock) throughout his/her zone
– advice, information and alerts on the processing of requests to the requesters
– comprehensive knowledge of the market in his/her zone
– timely and high quality reporting on his/her area of activity
– Implement and ensure the performance of facilities management
– Implement and ensure the performance of information and communication technology and network management
– Contribute to security management
– Setting in place and following up collaboration and coordination in logistics with the mission’s partners
– Manage the Logistics team in the base
You hold a graduate degree in logistics, and you have at least 3 years of experience in managing humanitarian supply chain in the field for an international NGO, including an experience in a security-tense context. You have a thorough understanding of donor rules and regulations.
As a manager, you have developed strong training and capacity-building skills, including experience in remote control.
Strong computer and communication equipment skills, including Microsoft Office applications, are required.
Familiarity with the regional/national culture and dynamics is a major asset. Knowledge of ACF operations and practices will be a plus. Fluent English compulsory, Portuguese-speaking skills desirable.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– Fixed term contract under French legislation: 6 months
– Monthly gross salary from 2130 to 2475EUR upon experience
– Reimbursement of the pension insurance for non-French citizens: 16% of the gross monthly salary
– Annual salary increase: 6% increase after and each 12 months of continuous contract
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 503EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: ACF covers 100% of the social security, health insurance, and repatriation insurance agreement fees.
– Salary sustainment measures (sickness, paternity, maternity)
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year, airfare reimbursement with a ceiling to get to the chosen break destination, and 215 EUR for each RnR period
– Accompaniment and trainings: – Follow-up and support for career development
– Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
– Family Departure: Airfare, transportation of personal effects, housing, annual leave, tuition fees
– Other benefits (gifts vouchers; birth, wedding, etc…)
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Human Resources Coordinator – ETHIOPIA- Addis Abeba at Première Urgence Internationale
- Field Coordinator – Maiduguri – based in NGA-Maiduguri at Première Urgence Internationale
- Coordinateur·trice Santé – RCA – basé à RCA-Bangui at Première Urgence Internationale
- Logisticien·ne – RDC-Goma at Première Urgence Internationale
- Stagiaire en Communication et Engagement Communautaire at World Food Programme