Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Accountant with the long-standing Australia Awards Program
- 30 June 2023, with a possibility of extension
- Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea with travel to provinces and Australia as required
Australia Awards Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) is designed to promote knowledge, leadership and enduring ties between Australia and Papua New Guinea (PNG). It aims to build knowledge and skills to address PNG’s economic and development challenges through international scholarships to Australia and scholarships in PNG.
It offers the next generation of leaders in Papua New Guinea opportunities to acquire professional and technical knowledge and skills relevant to the priorities of the Government of PNG. The program ensures opportunities are provided for women, people with disabilities and people from remote locations. The program focuses on supporting alumni to use their skills, knowledge and networks to drive change and innovation.
AAPNG includes three study options:
- Australia Award Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study primarily postgraduate courses in Australia;
- Australia Awards Short Course Awards – for Papua New Guineans to undertake study in Australia, receiving an Australian qualification; and
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships for Papua New Guineans to study in PNG to meet critical workforce gaps.
To deliver Australia Awards outcomes, AAPNG has six stream activities: Australia Awards; PNG and Pacific Awards; Short Course Awards; Alumni Engagement; Secondary Schools; and Higher Education. AAPNG is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Accountant is responsible for leading and managing the financial and procurement operations to facilitate AAPNG program delivery that adheres to the Operations objectives and key result areas.
The role manages a team which provides an efficient and effective support service to the streams and program activities to ensure compliance to financial and fraud awareness; control measures; and policies and procedures.
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting
- Current registered CPA
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive experience in accounting, finance operations
- Demonstrated experience of accounting principles, reconciliations, compliance and audits, risk management and fraud control – including financial planning and expenditure forecasting
- Experience with leading and managing a high performing team with diverse skills, and performance management
- Excellent English – both verbal and written
- Excellent MS Excel skills
- Ability and enthusiasm to lead change and foster a ‘can-do’ team culture.
- Ability to think innovatively and excellent problem-solving capacity.
- Ability and desire to respond to client priorities.
This position is locally engaged and reserved for National Citizens of Papua New Guinea.
This program is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government.
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment of any kind.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
How to apply
How to Apply
To view a detailed position description and to apply, please visit Tetra Tech International Development Careers and search for job number 499059. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the online application process on the Tetra Tech International Development Website.**
For further enquiries, please contact us at IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 499059.
Applications close: 5:00pm (PNG time) 16 July 2021.