Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health programs, education, research, and livelihoods initiatives in Nigeria. USAID-funded Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) with focus on the BAY (Borno, Adamawa, Yobe) states.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Under the direction of the State Team Lead, the Accountant shall assume responsibility for accounting in the State Office and ensure compliance with the contractual financial requirements of programs/projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the State Team Lead in ensuring the accurate keeping of all books of account for the project, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records.
- Work with the State Team Lead to lead the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of subprojects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Assist the State Team Lead in monitoring sub-project budgets in accordance with approved work plan activities.
- Monitor periodic expenditures of projects by analyzing financial data and producing periodic and ad hoc reports.
- Provide support with the accounting workflow in the review and audit of State Office and sub-recipient reports for reimbursement of expenditures.
- Function as support for processing cash advances, retirements, petty cash management and refunds made in favor of AHNi.
- Prepare fiscal year budgets and enter them into AHNI’s accounting software program.
- Support the State Team Lead in preparing reports for submission to Donors.
- Review the work of state finance staff for accuracy and proper report content.
- Create, update, and maintain financial spreadsheets.
- Develop budgets, including staff time allocations.
- Work with Team/Unit Leads to resolve problems associated with monthly expenditures and life-of projects budgets.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control theory and practices.
- Budget monitoring and general ledger skills.
- Relevant software skills to include automated accounting software, database spreadsheets and Management Information Systems.
- Handle financial and quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering, verifying and analyzing financial data.
Application Closing Date
9th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a Suitability Statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-F&AJobs@ahnigeria.orgusing the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the Job Title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Budget & Reporting Manager at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Programme Officer at Action Health Incorporated
- Senior Technical Officer, Core Strategic Information at Family Health International (FHI 360)
- Experts – Ending Nigeria Ocean Plastics Pollution (ENOPP) Activity at Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) – 3 Openings
- Compliance Associate at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)