Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) of Lagos is a 75 years old faith-based non-governmental organisation committed to empowering young people for development of self, family and community. Through innovative programmes and projects, we impact the body, mind and spirit of young people without any form of discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversee the financial operations of the organization and ensure timely and accurate financial reports and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers etc.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organization on budget expenditures
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that programme funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Provide orientation and training to the organization staff on cost-effective management.
- Ensure that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted
- Provide financial inputs for proposal development, project management, Human Resource Management policies, logistics, travel and other areas of administration.
- Minimum of First Degree in Accounting from a reputable University.
- Minimum of three (3) years cognate work experience as an Accountant.
- Clear commitment to the mission of YMCA is a must for all applicants.
- Work experience in an NGO is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of relevant accounting software.
- Sound knowledge of financial regulatory requirements.
- Ability to multitask is important for all applicants.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter / Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Project Coordinator – (Integrated Education for Girls in NE Nigeria) at GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON)
- Information Management Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- 4Mi Project Officer at Danish Refugee Council
- 4MI Project Specialist at Danish Refugee Council
- Program Manager II SHARPEN 3 at Catholic Relief Services