DanChurchAid (DCA) is working in Turkana, West Pokot, Baringo, Elgeyo Marakwet, Nyandarua, Nakuru, Busia and Siaya counties with refugees and local communities to enhance peace, livelihoods and resilience. DCA implements projects directly as well as through local partner organizations. For more information on DCA, please visit www.danchurchaid.org.
DCA is seeking to recruit an experienced and energetic Kenyan National for the following position: Accounts Officer. The position is based in Nairobi – with some travel to DCA’s offices in Nakuru and Kakuma anticipated – and reports to the Country Director based in Nairobi.
The main responsibilities of the Accounts Officer are:
· Prepare/review/payment of travel advances/ travel claim/ vouchers/journals/receipt voucher/ check and data entry in Maconomy and monthly reconcile
· Ensure project number and task code while charging the expenditure
· Ensure proper support documentation for all payments
· Prepare and process staff payroll in compliance with HR manual and prevailing remuneration tax calculation of Income Tax Act
· Process final clearance payment of outgoing staff upon receiving complete documentation
· Review/monitor expenditures and ensure accurate bookings in Maconomy
· Facilitate fund request and manage fund flow for office running cost
· Prepare Monthly, Quarterly and end year office budget reports
· Ensure adherence to internal control, procedures, manuals, policies and recommend improvement
· Support annual audit process and follow-up with audit findings.
· Support key staff on Office annual budget preparation
· Identifying & flagging financial risks & investigating these as/when needed.
Ø Relevant Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field from a recognised university and/or (minimum) accounting qualification – CPA III
Ø Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in accounting/finance/audit, preferably with INGO experience.
Ø Adequate working experience with any ERP system (QuickBooks/SAGE/Other).
Ø Excellent computer skills (MS Office; specifically, MS Excel, Word and Outlook. Familiarity with using TEAMs, Zoom or other software for remote engagement an advantage)
Ø Knowledge of and interest in the humanitarian and development context in Kenya.
Ø Good interpersonal skills and a proven team player. Self-driven and results orientated in a challenging working environment.
Ø Excellence in English, oral and written.
DCA offers: The position is for 12 months, subject to renewal, with a three-month probation period. DCA offers a salary package (salary, insurance, and benefits) in accordance to experience and the DCA Kenya HR Manual.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
How to apply
The deadline for applications is: 10/05/2022
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.**