The USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program is a five-year, flexible buy-in mechanism jointly managed by the USAID Africa Bureau, Middle East Bureau, and Africa Regional Missions. It was designed to mobilize enterprise-driven solutions that increase trade and investment in Africa, including North and Sub-Saharan Africa. It strengthens Africa’s markets by developing new trade and investment relationships, particularly between the United States and African continent. It also works to achieve development outcomes across all sectors.
The Activity Manager will be responsible for managing several large multi-year buy-in activities with significant labor and/or field presence, with support from technical advisors and the ATI team. Responsibilities include providing technical and management support to buy-in activities, working with the technical and operational teams to identify and mobilize resources in support of implementation, and supporting USAID clients. The Activity Manager is also responsible for buy-in activity budget management and financial forecasting, in close coordination with the Operations/Finance team and with support from other team members. The Activity Manager will also be responsible for generating buy-in activity scopes of work, supporting the design of procurements and grants programs, and tracking budgets across ATI’s portfolio. In addition, s/he will provide surge procurement and operational support to existing ATI staff as needed.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and track buy-in activity implementation progress by personnel, consultants and subcontractors, ensure it adheres to the approved workplan and deliverable schedule, and troubleshoot deviations;
- Support development and review of technical deliverables and contribute to subsequent learning;
- Manage relationship with client and implementing partner and serve as a project point of contact for the duration of the assigned buy-in activities;
- Lead on all matters related to the buy-in, including but not limited to contractual, operational, MEL, reporting, and financial matters;
- Ensure assigned buy-in activities are managed in accordance with USAID regulations and DAI Procurement policies;
- Liaise with implementing parties to ensure proper M&E data capture and data quality to contribute to overall ATI project M&E reporting; and
- In tandem with relevant technical staff, generate buy-in scopes of work and budgets as needed
- As needed, support the project’s procurement and operational staff
- Travel to regional offices as required
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant professional work experience
- Significant experience in budget, operational, and process management or more general project and business process management experience relevant to USG program implementation;
- Proven project management, communications, writing and interpersonal skills including strong experience with client management;
- An extremely well-organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus;
- Ability to work in a fast-moving, fluid team setting with multiple stakeholders
- Fluency in spoken and written English required
- Fluency in French required
How to apply
Select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information, and upload CV. Please indicate what location you are applying for. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notification on next steps.
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Programme Officer – Communications at Christian Aid (CA)
- EOI – Junior Consultant, Supporting Transport Infrastructure and Urban Development Operations at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- EOI – Climate Investment Funds – Gender Expert – PECG at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Consultant, Support Design and Implementation of Transformation of the African Savanah Initiative – AHAI (EOI) at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Directeur (trice) Adjoint (e) HAACT (H/F) – Bamako at Solidarités International