Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin and Logistics Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- The Humanitarian Cash Transfer in Rabah LGA, Sokoto State, Northwest Nigeria Project is tailored to potentially enable eligible households improve the nutritional status of children affected by Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) in Rabah LGA.
- Strengthening financial security of vulnerable households through cash transfers and associated monitoring mechanisms have the potential to improve dietary diversity, increase recovery from SAM, improve access to integrated health and nutrition services, hygiene, and income generation.
- The Admin and Logistics Officer will be responsible for reviewing overall administrative and logistics processes, tracking warehouse storage, deliveries, office repairs maintenance and supplies. ensuring that adequate purchase of office items renewal of office rental, communication, recharge cards, supervision of cleaners and cooks.
- Administer AHSF logistics policy and procedures in accordance with donor guidelines and requirements. S/He will implement and maintain Logistics and fleet management policies, systems, and procedures.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Office Administration and Management:
- Develop strategies to ensure efficient application of agency resources, minimize wastage and achieve highest standards of stewardship
- Directly supervise the building maintenance and repair for the office and residences
- Provide supervision on couriers to ensure that items documentation (for sent and received items) is carried out properly.
- Responsible for conducting due diligence process for vendors.
- Prepare payment pack for all bills and update the pending to Line Manger
- Provide day to day general support to staff office operation.
- Ensure that all administrative documents related to procurement are collected and filed according to organizational purchasing procedures and transmitted to administration.
- Ensure that all vehicle records and reports including logbooks, accident reports, e t c are filled appropriately.
- Coordinate timely hotel booking and flight schedule arrangement
- Implement Logistics processes and logistics operations for the project, including grants, strictly following all rules and regulations as well as all stipulations established by Nigerian law.
- Review and recommend changes to procurement policies and procedures as required.
- Supervise and verify the procurement of materials according to the context and or/needs of the beneficiary, community and/or project.
- Work with local, national, and international vendors of goods and services to ensure quality, maintain professional distance required to ensure high ethical standards.
- Ensure competitive procurements by attracting potential vendors for the purchase of goods or services either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency.
- Designate or participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Verify quality and quantity of products according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or project.
- Coordinate delivery logistics with program team and/or grantees to obtain the required permits including delivery receipts.
- Management of fleet and logistics related contracts for quality of services offered by outsourced fleet service provider.
- Coordinate transportation, permits, authorizations, insurance, loading and unloading of goods/materials, and financial allocation or related expenses under grants.
- Prepare budgets, solicit quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Communicate all delivery schedules corresponding to grant and operations procurements, including the projection of related expenses.
- Verify deliverables are complete and done in a timely manner.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- Alert the relevant project staff about the receipts and dispatches and coordinate with them, as it may be necessary.
- Ensure that warehouse register and Kardex are updated and stock reports are produced, including fuel and circulated to the Logistics Coordinator and the Head of Base on monthly basis.
- Ensure that all generators/invertors and power systems are well maintained and remain in excellent condition, at all times.
- Ensure that servicing on all power equipment and generators are carried out regularly in an efficient manner and that individual service schedule for each machine exits and records are kept properly.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of drivers and rental cars and ensure that all the rental cars are properly cleaned, well maintained and driven/used as per the polices of the organization,
- Ensure that the allocation of vehicles and drivers is done in an effective manner, in response to support requirements of the projects and coordination.
- To assure efficient vehicle movements planning based on program and support needs, managing the daily weekly and monthly fleet/ vehicle allocation by department using standard AHSFs tools.
- Ensure submission on weekly basis of a joint movement plan.
- Ensure drivers management (including preparing duty roster) and build capacity for improved performance.
- Submission on monthly basis fleet report, fuel report, vehicle maintenance tracker and supervision of fuel consumption.
- He / She will manage the warehouse.
- Ensure way bills are prepared signed and stamped before handing over transporters.
- Maintain and update the office’s equipment inventory register.
- Physically mark all items.
- Add or delete items as required according to the AHSF/Nigeria and the Agency’s Inventory Policy after due consultation with the Operations Manager
- Send an updated Inventory report on assets over $5000 to Head of Office every quarter
- Responsible for receiving procured items in collaboration with the Administrative and HR Assistant.
- Develop standards on the efficient use of office equipment including office and telecommunication equipment and overseeing the maintenance contracts for this equipment.
- Provide guidance on the use and maintenance of office equipment (generators, photocopiers etc.) to maximize use and functionality.
- Will make recommendations to the head of admin on items to be disposed of and prepare list of items for auctioning when directed.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply UNICEF Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Staffs and vendors/agents on such principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Procurement and Management or related field.
- Master’s Degree in relevant fields; supply chain management, business administration or any related will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience, preferably with an international/national NGO.
- The Admin and Logistics Officer WILL be based in Sokoto.
- Experience with budgeting and cost analysis.
- Prior donor experience is highly desirable
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy, and tact
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to Action the AHSF’s mission, values, and policies.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
- All applicants who applied initially, should kindly re-apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Deputy Health Manager at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
- MEAL Assistant at Albarka Health Spring Foundation – 2 Openings
- MEAL Officer (Sokoto) at Albarka Health Spring Foundation
- Knowledge Management and Communication (KMC) Officer at Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
- HR and Admin Officer at Albarka Health Spring Foundation