Position: Admin, fin, HR Officer – Juba, South Sudan (National)
Geneva Call is a neutral and impartial non-governmental organisation dedicated to promoting respect for international humanitarian norms in armed conflict and other situations of violence. Geneva Call’s mission is to ensure that armed groups and de facto authorities (AGDA) respect International Humanitarian Law and basic humanitarian principles in the areas where they fight or they control. In the Republic of South Sudan, Geneva Call implements activities aiming at a better protection of the civilian population. This includes liaising with armed stakeholders and communities.
Geneva Call consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. Geneva Call is an inclusive working environment for all its staff. Applications are particularly encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on the grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Under the supervision of Support Coordinator, the Finance and Admin Officer support the effective operation of the Geneva Call (GC) Support Team and related programme activities located in Juba Office by providing general finance and administrative assistance in accordance with GC policies and procedures and relevant donor guidelines.
- Assist in service contracts expiry monitoring and update Support Coordinator when necessary.
- Liaise with NRA office for regular tax payments and getting Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Assist Support Coordinator in ensuring Geneva Call premises are well managed and maintained.
- Assist and participates in the audits (annual organization audit, as well as donor’s audits, or audits requested by authorities if existing).
- Assist Support Coordinator in ensuring procurement processes are managed transparently and timely and recorded according to Geneva Call and donor’s procedures;
- Manage inventory (asset register), update and share with Support Coordinator on monthly basis and when needed;
- Making sure office supplies are available such as stationery, drinking water, tea/coffee;
- Manages flights bookings for field or HQ movements;
- Work hand-in-hand with Logistics Assistant/Driver to support program team during activities in the field and in Juba office.
Cash Flow Management
- Manage the cash payments made locally (petty cash management);
- Keep the mission petty cash books updated, including a weekly availability cash check;
- Assist in monthly treasury forecast and cash request in coordination with Support Coordinator;
- Facilitate withdrawal/banking transactions including requests for wire transfer to other offices;
- Review purchase requisitions, request for payments, reimbursements and liquidation;
- Ensure cash payments;
- Prepare cash requests in coordination with the head of mission;
- Ensure all tax payments are deducted and filed to the relevant tax authority.
- Assist in checking the registration and encoding of all the petty cash transactions, according to the internal procedures;
- Verify all the support documents of the petty cash transactions and the availability of funds on donors budget;
- Assist in providing a monthly financial report, including the expense proofs;
- Archive all financial documents.
- Verify the registration and coding of all financial transactions in accordance with financial procedures;
- Enter all transactions items according to the chart of accounts;
- Consolidate all liquidations of the monthly operational expenses;
- Weekly review of the liquidity based on the cash position;
- Scan all supporting documents and send them electronically to Headquarters;
- Ensure the archiving of all approved and registered financial documents;
- Assist the auditors for the annual audit, donor’s audit and audit of the tax authorities.
Controlling & Reporting
- Provide regular information to the Support Coordinator on the state of finances;
- Prepare and update budget monitoring documents on monthly basis;
- Prepare monthly financial reports and present them to the Support Coordinator for validation;
- Ensure all donor requirements and conditions are strictly followed;
- Assist in the consolidation and finalization of annual country programme budget.
Human Resource Tasks
- Monitor the contracts (staff and consultants) end dates and inform the Support Coordinator in advance on those with immediate expiry;
- Assist in timely, transparent hiring processes for any new job opening by delivering adverts to Ministry of Labour (MoL) for approval and posting it on public boards;
- Assist in monitoring, recording and update HR database when necessary;
- Manages staff attendance, leaves and report to the Support Coordinator regularly with updates;
- Resolve issues and concerns pertaining to staff queries on their leave balances.
- Any other task as requested by Finance department or Support Coordinator.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- At least 3 years of work experience in Finance and Administration with humanitarian or international organizations.
- Administrative and HR management skills.
- Operating relevant IT Tools for admin and logistics.
- Strong communication and people management skills.
- Report writing skills.
- English (C1-C2).
- Juba Arabic.
- High level of integrity and accountability.
- Natural affinity for networking and relationships building.
- Be exemplary in portraying Geneva Call’s values and ethics.
- Good team player and facilitator of teamwork.
- Sharing knowledge.
- Drive for results.
- Proactive and good communicator.
- Solution oriented.
Conflict of interest
Any candidate affiliated to, or openly supporting, one or more interest groups opposed to the Foundation’s principles and values, or whose previous position could engender safety issues for co-workers at Appel de Genève / Geneva Call, will be excluded from this selection process. The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the Geneva Call Performance Management guidelines. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- Job Description
- Action plan
- Performance Review Template
- Position : Admin, fin, HR Officer
- Type of Contract: Fixed term contract (National position)
- Activity rate: 100%
- Work place: Juba, South Sudan
- Preferred start date: as soon as possible
How to apply
To apply please follow the link:
No later than 5 July, 2023.
All applications will be kept confidential. Please note only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for further process.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Deputy Team Leader at Tanager
- IHL/IHRL Legal Adviser – Juba, South Sudan (International) at Geneva Call
- PROGRAMME OFFICER at Christian Blind Mission
- Facilitation of Participatory Gender Action Research Training Instilling Transformative Gender Approach through Participatory Action Research
- Health program manager (F/M) – Nigeria at Médecins du Monde