Position: Administration and Communication Assistant
PPLAAF- Southern Africa seeks an Administration and Communication Assistant (Johannesburg Office)
The Platform to Protect Whistleblowers in Africa- Southern Africa (PPLAAF- Southern Africa) is seeking an
Administration and communication assistant. Part-time position, based in Johannesburg
- Work alongside PPLAAF’s representative in Southern Africa, and coordinate administrative tasks
with the teams in Paris and Senegal to achieve PPLAAF’s objectives.
- He / she, will assist in PPLAAF’s fundraising and communication strategies. He / she will assist in
creating content, including web content, press releases, social media, newsletters, etc.
- The assistant will help to manage and monitor PPLAAF grants and funds, including preparing
documents, reports, timesheets and invoices for the financial and administrative reporting of
- The assistant will help to coordinate some of PPLAAF’s activities, including review of cases, provision
of general and logistical support, of team events, conferences, workshops, trainings and webinars.
- Background in Law, Media, Political Science, Human Rights, NGOs, Activism, etc.
- Understanding of, and commitment to PPLAAF’s values
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure and independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Good personal skills
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written in English and French (excellent report & proposal writing)
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Plus: knowledge of Africa and African languages, knowledge of whistleblower protection landscape, PDA, LRA, PIDA and CCMA processes an added advantage
Please send CV (with at least two references), cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com and copy, firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st May 2022.
PPLAAF (pplaaf.org) is a non-governmental organization established in 2017 to protect whistleblowers, as
well as to advocate and engage in strategic litigation on their behalf when their revelations deal with the
general interests of African citizens. PPLAAF staff members are located in Johannesburg, Dakar and Paris.
- Job City Johannesburg