The World Food Programme is the food assistance branch of the United Nations and the world’s largest humanitarian organization addressing hunger and promoting food security.
Administration Officer (Field Support, Oversight, Protocol)
To contribute to daily planning and delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Business/Public administration, Governance, or other relevant fields relating to office management and administration. A first-level university degree in combination with five (5) years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to and implement WFP country/regional plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration service.
- Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
- Carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
- Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and contribute to the provision of recommendations to the management on improvements/changes.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Build and maintain the partnership with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners through the organisation or design of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc. for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: PROTOCOL
- Manage the RBN protocol services.
- Coordinate with relevant Kenya government and Kenya WFP Country Office representatives (demonstrating tact, diplomacy, firmness and persistence when necessary) to negotiate and solve sensitive and complicated problems.
- Create briefing information for new staff members on immigration formalities, duty-free and tax exemption privileges, and vehicle registration, and ensure that the information is up to date.
- Prepare workload statistics related to the Protocol services and generate reports as required.
- Coordinate all RBN VIP protocol services required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has gained experience in administration.
- Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise.