ABOUT THE WHITE HELMETS
The White Helmets (WH) is a non-for-profit organisation with offices in Canada, Europe, Turkey and Syria. We work to support the civilian population in conflict zones through the implementation of a wide range of stabilisation and humanitarian activities which provide community resilience to millions of people. Our primary focus has been on the Syrian crisis through the work of The Syrian Civil Defence and we are looking at expanding our activities to other countries.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Executive Director Assistant, the Administration and Logistics Officer will be responsible for ensuring effective administration and logistics support, supervising the maintenance of office facilities and providing assistance for different departments when needed.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- Duty station: Montreal office – Quebec, Canada
- Line manager: Executive Director Assistant
I. Tasks and Activities
- Coordinate meetings and schedule executive director’s appointments;
- Organise the filing system for important and confidential documents;
- Write minutes of meetings of a range of management and program meetings;
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and to the HR department;
- Assist with translation of reports and statements.
Logistics and Procurement
- Management of office facilities;
- Manage office supplies, security protocols and safe logs;
- Coordinate travels, book flights and hotel accommodation in accordance with travel policies;
- Handle office purchase of goods and services in accordance with the organisation’s procurement policy;
- Manage the office inventory and update the assets lists on the ERP system;
- Arrange the logistics for workshops and special events (site selection, catering, hotel, transportation, etc.)
II. Required qualifications, education and experience
- Attestation of college study (AEC), Diploma of college study (DEC) or BA in Business Administration, psychology, social administration or relevant field desirable;
- Fluent in French or English (spoken and written). Arabic is a plus;
- Good knowledge of operations management (HR, procurement, administration and logistics, finance, etc) is desirable;
- Previous experience in administration, logistics and procurement operations is desirable.
III. Other desirable skills
- Organisational and time-management abilities;
- Cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills, and able to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff and stakeholders;
- Ability to perform clerical work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to details;
- High sense of confidentiality, reliability and discretion.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out the application form that can be reached through this link and attach your CV and a covering letter explaining your background, suitability for the role and interest in what we do.
Closing date for application: April 3rd, 2022
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the required job qualifications will be contacted.