Position: Administrative Assistant III
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Administrative Assistant III to ensure quality administrative support in the implementation of the “Integration of Orange-fleshed Sweetpotato Value Chain Development” into MIONJO project in Madagascar.
The Position: This position will be hosted by AfricaRice in Madagascar. The selected candidate will be based in Toliara, Madagascar and will report to the Finance and Administrative Specialist.
• Facilitate the management of multiple projects/functions simultaneously, and follow through on issues to support timely execution.
• Facilitate the preparation of technical and financial reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary to speed flow of process.
• Assist in the formulation of the department budget, business planning, and related planning functions members of the Program to facilitate business matters.
• Monitors expenses and/or budgets in order to highlight areas of concern to program leader
• Organize and maintain updated Unit’s official correspondence, communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Head/ UNIT Leader to follow up on pending matters with limited direction.
• Organize and arrange national and international travels (registrations, itineraries, hotel reservation, visas, insurance, meetings preparations and liquidations).
• Coordinate and update calendar Unit, requiring interaction with both internal and external collaborators to coordinate meetings and maintain informed Head/ UNIT Leader about members activities.
• Assist in the organization of events, workshops, visits and trainees within the Head/ UNIT Leader.
• Coordinates the assignment of office space, computers, furniture, and equipment.
• Screen and prioritize telephone calls, letters, e-mails and/or visitors in order to direct them to appropriate party promptly and efficiently.
• Comply with national and international health and safety laws, regulations and standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations or related field.
• At least 5 years of experience required in similar positions in a nonprofit organization.
• Excellent skills in handling office technology and software applications
• Outstanding writing and reporting skills
• Ability to organize department activities and processes
• Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
• Documentation management
• Supply management
• Inventory control
• Fluent in official language according to country location.
• Advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
• Excellent working environment.
• Compensation package commensurate with experience.
• Fixed term contract of 1 year with possibility of renewal subject on performance and availability of funds.
• Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply
Visit the following link: https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V in English with your references. Screening of applications will begin on May 31, 2023 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Madagascar nationals and permanent residents only.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Regional Security Director at World Vision
- Technical Field Manager, South Sudan at Mines Advisory Group
- Community Engagement Officer at the Center for Advocacy, Transparency, and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) – 4 Openings
- Volunteer Teacher at the Center for Advocacy, Transparency, and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) – 80 Openings
- Senior Technical Officer- TB / HIV at the Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)