ECOWAS Parliament was established by the ECOWAS Revised Treaty of 24 July 1993 as one of the Institutions of the Community. The Parliament is the House of Representatives of the peoples of the Community. It is composed of 115 Representatives from the 15 Member States of ECOWAS: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Institution: Ecowas Parliament
Directorate: Directorate Of Admin. and Finance
Division: General Administration & Conference Division
Line Supervisor: Administrative Officer (P3/P4)
- Under the supervison of the Administrative Officer , the incumbent shall assist with providing full administrative support to the Parliament.
Role and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Office Aide, operate the Registry Unit of the institution;
- Maintain a proper and user friendly filing and document control system for recording and tracking of all documents; .
- Support other officers of the Division in daily administrative roles;.
- Put up purchase requests for items needed for the work of the Division;
- Create and maintain useful databases for the Division;
- Perform research duties as and when required;
- Assist on any ad-hoc tasks as may be required;
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or Humanities from a recognized University.
- 2 years relevant work experience in human resources, administration or related area, is required;
- Familiarity with administrative and financial policies and procedures related to conference services.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Ecowas Key Competencies:
- Ability to motivate self and/or others to engage in and successfully complete tasks at hand;
- Demonstrated experience leading conversations that will either provide participants with new information, ideas or awareness or elicit feedback;
- Ability to positively influence co-workers when faced with challenges and work problems to help trigger solutions and build confidence;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to lead in the management of own career and performance and to seek assistance/coaching when required.
- Well-developed client service skills including a positive attitude, creative thinking skills, good work ethic, teamwork experience, time management skills, flexibility;
- Ability to take initiative to resolve problems and improve quality and/or quantity of work by identifying alternative solutions and discussing appropriateness/approach with supervisor;
- Strong desire to help others and capacity to empathize to generate mutual understanding;
- Ability to work as part of a team in supporting and addressing the needs of clients and stakeholders;
- Ability to multitask and to meet client service/stakeholder management standards and objectives of pertinence to assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to perceive the moods and feelings of others from various cultural backgrounds, and to understand interests, needs, and perspectives so as to prevent/address misunderstandings and complaints;
- Well-developed ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds and sound understanding of diverse cultural differences especially within west Africa;
- Ability to listen attentively to people’s ideas, requests and concerns and to understand and internalize the need for diversity management in every day workplace practices;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to factor in diversity when providing services, responding to requests, recognizing and releasing preconceived notions and stereotypical views of certain groups and individuals.
- Basic understanding of the ECOWAS organization mandate and its functions;
- Ability to explain the ECOWAS programs and projects relevant to tasks and demonstrated understanding of data used by the department/institution/agency, including knowing where data resides in the system, the ability to see how the data in the system interrelates and how data entries and changes may impact data in other parts of the system.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS routine procedures and practices as it relates to assigned responsibilities;
- Ability to apply ECOWAS standards in emailing, reporting, correspondence, etc. and to accept and implement changes as directed.
- Excellent numeracy skills with the ability to collect, collate, classify and summarize data systematically.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in conducting primary and secondary research activities in accordance with instructions and/or best practices in research techniques (e.g. interviews, tests, desk research);
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in reasoning and to articulate findings clearly;
- Ability to use creativity and initiative in the generation of alternative solutions to a problem;
- Ability to gather, analyze and arrange information in a logical sequence.
- Ability to provide useful feedback when asked and to use feedback constructively when given;
- Demonstrated ability to use computers with superior word-processing skills and proficiency in the use of data base (e.g. access), spreadsheets (e.g. excel), inter/intranet, email and social media;
- Tact, diplomacy and well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Ability to write accurate, clear and well-organized text;
- proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Well established time management skills with the ability to make well considered/reasoned decisions regarding own work and to follow them through;
- Ability to use action planning skills, set priorities, develop work goals and identify the steps needed to achieve goals of relevance to own work area;
- Ability to work well and meet objectives of tasks when under pressure or when exposed to uncertainties, challenges and/or changing work environments;
- Ability to understand and contribute to team/work unit goals and plans as well as to collective decision-making.
- P – UA36,929.06 (USD58,266.68).
- P3 – UA42,916.53 (USD67,713.70).
- P4 – UA49,106.81 (USD77,480.72).
Application Closing Date
11th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the Application Form below, fill it out correctly, attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a Motivation Letter and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click Here For More Information
You might Also Like
Programme Policy Officer (School Feeding) CST-I (Mogadishu & Garowe) at World Food Programme
Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Consultant (Level II), Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer AAP (Accountability to Affected Populations) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Joint Resilience Programme Coordinator) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Social Protection) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA at World Food Programme
Communications Officer at Mercy Corps
Subaward & Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps