Sightsavers implements projects in over 30 countries in Africa and South Asia working to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote the rights of people with disabilities. We are looking for a dedicated Administrative Officer to work closely within the department of Operations, Performance & Planning based in Ghana
Contract: 24-month fixed term contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
About the role
The Administrative Officer will provide admin support and office services for the smooth running of the Country Office in Ghana.
General Administration 40%
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of the office.
- Overseeing the office premises and the general maintenance of office equipment and ensuring all equipment are always in good working condition.
- Ensuring smooth operation of the IT system – email, internet, security alarm system
- Maintain an efficient filing system to ensure easy retrieval of information
- Management of cleaning services to ensure effective maintenance of office facility
- Management of contract with landlord, IT consultant, cleaning company and relevant suppliers and ensuring effective supervision of security staff.
Programme Support 20%
- Organise project/programme meetings, travels, seminars and other project related activities
- Assist with development of new project documents
Procurement and Stock keeping 15%
- Liaise with partners for their equipment and material requests and entering of same on to Sightsavers Standard List
- Overseas Orders: Maintain adequate and orderly records of overseas purchases and obtain exemption letters from required government ministries.
- Liaise with the global procurement team on equipment/material requests.
- Liaise with the clearing agent to ensure goods are cleared on time
Vehicle Management 15%
- Line management of drivers
- Manage monitoring procedures and systems to control movement of office vehicles and drivers
- Review and monitor vehicle maintenance schedule and ensures that vehicles are regularly maintained and serviced when due.
Travel Management 10%
- Accurately handle all travel arrangements, including hotel reservation, flight reservations and ticket purchases, visas, and other immigration requirements
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
Knowledge and experience
- Previous employment working as an Administrator
- Experience of working within an INGO
- Fluent written and spoken communication in English
- IT Skills: knowledge in the use of MS Word, Email Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- University degree or tertiary qualification in Administration/Management or equivalent professional qualification
- Management in an Administrative role
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place from late August 2022 onwards.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
Due to project deadlines, we are keen to fill this role as quickly as possible so applications will be considered as soon as they are received.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 14 August, 2022
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Communications Specialist, East Africa at Internews Network
- Executive Assistant at African Development Solutions (Adeso)
- Consultancy – Environmental and Social Assessment (ESA) and Gender Assessment (GA) for SokoFresh Agri Innovations East Africa Ltd at SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
- Monitoring and Evaluation Protocol for SokoFresh Agri Innovations East Africa Ltd at SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
- Principal Product Manager for Disaster Response at Compassion International