The USAID Africa Trade and Investment (ATI) program is a five-year, flexible buy-in mechanism jointly managed by the USAID Africa Bureau, Middle East Bureau, and Africa Regional Missions. It was designed to mobilize enterprise-driven solutions that increase trade and investment in Africa, including North and Sub-Saharan Africa. It strengthens Africa’s markets by developing new trade and investment relationships, particularly between the United States and African continent. It also works to achieves development outcomes across all sectors.
The Administrative Support Coordinator is a key member of the Operations team. He/She will play a pivotal role in coordinating the daily operations of the project, provide executive support to COP including administration and office management. The individual ensures accurate and complete record-keeping and filing systems based on the project’s Field Operations Manual (FOM), USAID regulations, and contract requirements and limitations. He/She will provide administrative coordination support for staff members, working with the COP, Logistics Coordinator and Operations Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedules appointments on behalf of COP and maintains calendar for COP including identifying key deadlines /milestones and take notes for follow up
- Manages COP’s correspondence as delegated including drafting and responding to COP’s emails as appropriate
- Organizes and executes events on behalf of the COP’s Office as well as organizing, executing, and attending team events.
- Support COP travel arrangements ensuring tight schedules and well-articulated itineraries.
- Organizing and maintaining an internal contact details database for COP
- Prepares and processes expense and monthly expense reconciliation for the COP
- Support preparation of documents for internal communications as requested by COP
- Other duties assigned by the Chief of Party
- Organizing and coordinating weekly scheduled Team meetings and taking meeting notes
- Anticipates organizational needs to ensure smooth team operations. Assisting in composing and preparing office correspondence related to team needs.
- Supports planning of meetings for both ATI staff and external partners, including coordinating meeting logistics and preparing meeting materials in liaison with Logistics Coordinator
- Support staff travel arrangements ensuring tight schedules and well-articulated itineraries
- Provide reception back up and other related support while the Administrative Assistant is away
- Other duties assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and Operations Manager
The Administrative Support Coordinator will report to the Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration/Management or similar with 7+ years of progressively responsible administrative experience or 9+ years of progressively responsible administrative experience
- An articulate individual who possesses excellent communications, personnel, and office management skills and who can relate to people at all levels of an organization
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- Ability to perform high-level duties with a minimum of supervision
- Strong English writing and speaking skills required
- Previous experience with DAI policies, procedures, and systems (TAMIS, etc.) preferred
How to apply
Scroll down to select the position in which you are interested in applying for, fill out the required information, and upload CV. Please indicate what location you are applying for. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as interviews will be conducted soon. Please note, due to the volume of applications that we receive and the urgency to fill-up positions, only shortlisted applicants will receive notification on next steps.
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- End term evaluation for North Central Transitional Aid in Nigeria at Christian Blind Mission
- Livelihoods and Food Security Project Manager at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Procurement Associate, Liberia at International Development Law Organization
- Policy Advocacy Specialist at ZOA International
- Digital Skills Promotion Officer at ZOA International