Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Adolescent Health Specialist (AHS)
Job ID: sfh-69083
Employment Type: Full-time
- The AHS will provide technical leadership for conceptualizing and designing reproductive health, specifically Family Planning interventions to enhance the effectiveness of the project in health promotion activities that affect adolescent, including in nutrition, sexual and reproductive health and Maternal neonatal child health (MNCH).
- He/she will provide technical leadership for adolescent health activities including a range of quality Adolescent Reproductive sexual health (ARSH) programming from contraception and maternal care HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment, strengthening access to Family planning, and advocating for sound reproductive health policies.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Ensure periodic development of budget and work plan for Adolescent Health, creating and sustaining a mechanism for synergy and integration of adolescent health services and nutrition services for the project at fixed post, during outreaches & Safe space Initiative (SSI).
- Identified program implementing challenges, coordinate advocacy and sensitization programmes targeted at relevant gatekeepers and community stakeholders to create an enabling environment for programme implementation among the target adolescent girls.
- Develop, source, and facilitate adoption and adaptation of technical materials for use in the implementation of Adolescent Health Services (AHS) and coordinate the implementation of evidence-informed comprehensive Behavioural change & communication (BCC) programmes to address the myths and barriers to uptake of Family planning (FP) among adolescents.
- Coordinate with support of Local Government Area Reproductive health (LGA RH) Coordinators in the recruitment of Key staff at the LGAs and coordinate training of providers and mentors for the provision of FP including Long-acting reversible contraceptives (LARC) in both fixed post, outreach point of service and community.
- Develop a Quality of Care (QoC) framework for the project with regular capacity building of state actors on the use of the QoC checklist.
Qualifications / Experience
- BSc, Master’s Degree, MPH preferred, MBBS, Nursing / Midwife, Public Health Nurse
- 7 years related experience, including a minimum of 5 years supervisory/project management or program development experience.
- Specific technical expertise relevant to international public health
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for details
- Capacity to work in difficult conditions and function well under pressure
- Extensive international experience and experience in a developing country required
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, and cross-cultural skills.
- Proactive, open personality and work hands-on.
- Demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and effectively in groups.
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Drive for continuous learning and knowledge sharing
- Demonstrated ability to manage consortium team performance
- Managed and mitigated challenges faced by team members on the field and Stakeholders’ management
- Conflict resolution & Management
Application Closing Date
22nd June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online