Role: Advisor II Supply Chain Management
- Develop regional supply chain annual objectives. Ensure the application of agreed-upon regional/GSCM annual objectives to CP objectives as relevant. Support the implementation of those objectives regionally. Recommend to the DRD-Ops related budget line entries.
- Contribute to strategy development and alignment regionally . Ensure implementation of supply chain strategies, standards, tools, & best practices. Regularly review CPs structures, systems, and supply chain involvement in project executive through the Supply Chain Transformation initiative (STEP Up) to ensure movement towards supply chain strategy and best-in-class supply chain.
- Create an effective framework for delivering SCM services regionally , including strategies for optimizing internal and partner technical assistance and capacity building. Contribute to identifying opportunities and securing resources to pursue technical assistance work.
Systems and Continuous Improvement
- Collaborate with operations and programming leads in CPs on implementing and strengthening Supply Chain systems, processes, and policies to meet all programming needs through anticipation and identification of issues and challenges and the most appropriate solutions to address them, including in the realm of procurement, inventory, product movement, and fleet.
- Work with regional leadership and GSCM to offer applicable solutions to CPs’ supply chain audit findings. With support of GSCM, ensure robust supply chain risk management methodology is in place at CP and regional levels.
- Contribute to the development of standard processes and tools for supply chain, covering: planning, logistics, procurement, warehousing, and fleet management. This includes contributing to the development of policies and guidance such as the GSCM Handbook.
- With support from the GSCM Systems and Performance team, and in close collaboration with the Regional Insight Advisor (RIA), ensure the region’s appropriate preparation, implementation, stabilization, and optimization of the SCM workstream in Oracle (i.e. releases 1-4).
- In collaboration with the GSCM Systems and Performance team, lead the adoption of metrics and KPIs at the CP and regional level to ensure continuous improvement of system usage and supply chain processes.
- In collaboration with GSCM, contribute to capacity strengthening initiatives for staff and partners through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and mentoring and coaching, which includes cross-departmental learning.
General Operations and Management
- Review the CPs Bid documents and process for procurement requiring regional approval to ensure respect of supply chain policies.
- With support from the GSCM Markets team, guide CPs on maintaining sound market intelligence systems, conducting regular market assessments, and network strategically with key commercial organizations to identify new potential suppliers. Collaborate with GSCM-Markets team to ensure adherence to overall supply chain support of market-based programming.
- Ensure CP HoOps develop and implement efficient and effective fleet and driver management systems; that include: local policies and procedures; driver orientation, training and development plans; as well as fleet telematics. Oversee annual CP vehicle needs assessments and the development of rational vehicle disposal and acquisition plans.
- With support of GSCM-Knowledge Management and Learning, oversee and coordinate a SARO SCM Community of Practice, and contribute to maintaining proper conditions for learning where there is the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Strengthen documentation COP’s ability to capture and share lessons learned and best practices, and complete internal reports.
- Communicate regularly with the GSCM Department on CP operational realities to ensure overall Agency supply chain strategy is sound and relevant.
- Provide input and feedback on supply chain aspects of proposal development and review at the regional level in accordance with Compass ( www.compass.crs.org) and the GSCM Handbook.
- Represent CRS at regional level planning, coordination meetings and forums on supply chain management to collect and share best practices. Establish and maintain relationships with large donors, peer organizations, government counterparts, and other stakeholders and explore opportunities for economies of scale, such as bundled orders.
- Provide dotted line content suppport and supervision to Supply Chain Managers and their teams.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- IT Officer at Action Against Hunger USA
- Director of Program Development and Quality at Save the Children Nigeria
- Public Mental Health Psychologist at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Project Coordinator at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Medical Doctor – ITFC at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)