Role: Advisor in Community Health System Strengthening – Burkina Faso
Reporting into: Partnership and advocacy senior advisor
Location: Burkina Faso
Our Strategy for delivering high-quality, cost-effective community health through and with digitally empowered, equipped, supplied, supervised, and compensated CHWs requires that we continuously re-invent the way we work. Innovating incessantly and with swift responsiveness to global trends is a critical success factor for building a thriving and sustainable LG of today and tomorrow.
Over the last four years, Living Goods has become a more complex organization with multiple implementation modes, exciting opportunities in new countries, and new partnerships in existing countries. Furthermore, while we have delivered some strong work in technology over the last couple of years, we now need to go the extra mile beyond technology and ensure a much greater emphasis on government partnerships in the broader digital health space. We can only do this by building a great place to work where our teams thrive, grow, and deliver extraordinary results.
Purpose of role
Advisor in Community Health System Strengthening is to provide guidance, support, and expertise in order to enhance the community health system and promote the adoption and scale-up of Essential Community-based Services for Reproductive Health (ESCR). The role entails overseeing various aspects of implementation support sites, education, and advocacy efforts while fostering strategic engagements with key stakeholders. The ultimate goal is to ensure the sustainability of ESCR initiatives.
- Provide high-quality technical support to the Ministry of Health (MOH) on the analysis of key pillars of the country’s community health system, including digital tools, training, equipment/supply chain, supervision, and remuneration. This will include working with MOH on planning, monitoring and evaluation, budgeting, policy development and implementation, program development, and expenditure analysis.
- Develop and oversee the overall strategy for country scale-up of the best practices of the experimentation program, including scoping, negotiations with government, analysis of the enabling environment, costing, and transition planning.
- Manage the documentation of learnings to inform government policies, programs, and processes related to community health.
- Coordinate health financing initiatives, including managing consultants to develop cost-effectiveness analyses and investment cases and feasebility assessments of innovative financing models.
Advocacy and Resource Mobilization
- Advocate for the prioritization of digitally enabled, equipped, supervised, and compensated community health workers in government health systems by providing strategic technical inputs into government policies and policy implementation guidelines, including a roadmap for a national electronic community health information system.
- Lead budget analysis and advocacy activities to mobilize greater government investments in community health, including participation in government budgeting processes.
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis to determine influentials in the budget process and target these stakeholders for advocacy.
- Mobilize additional donor resources for community health by working alongside government to influence donor investments, monitor funding opportunities, support proposal development to donors, and facilitate donor-government relationships.
- Increase donor harmonization by advocating for one plan, one budget, and one report for the health sector.
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders in government, donor agencies, and partner organizations.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) in public health, health economics, health systems/services administration, health project and program management, or related field
Professional Qualifications / Membership in professional bodies
- Project Management
- Minimum of 10 years of working Experience.
Competencies & Attributes
- Understanding of budgeting processes, and of the global health donor landscape (e.g., GF and Gavi processes),
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and quantitative skills
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills
- Influencing and relationship management skills
- Have interpersonal and leadership skills with a high level of integrity.
- Ability to build engagement through collaboration, consultation and consideration of stakeholders and teams.
- Candidate should be Bilingual with French as a desirable language.
Living Goods is an equal-opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Burkina Faso – Consultant pour évaluation de positionnement stratégique at COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale
- Burkina Faso : Coordinateur.rice de zone – Kaya at ACTED
- EXPERT.E RENFORCEMENT DES SYSTEMES DE SANTE at Action Contre la Faim France
- Pharmacy Manager – HeRON Consortium at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Policy Advisor – Nigeria INGO Forum at iMMAP Nigeria