Tracking Code 11374 Job Description
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multi-sector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The communications officer will work in collaboration with the PATH Ghana team. This work will provide country communications support to PATH activities for the Malaria Vaccine and COVID19 vaccinations portfolio. The officer will represent PATH in planning and implementing communications activities.
The officer will provide full-time communications support in collaboration with the project’s staff.
Responsibilities: The communication officer will:
- Assist PATH colleagues working on malaria vaccine and COVID19 immunization activities.
- Assist country-based focal points for communications working on the project (including from WHO and the Ghana Health Service, Ministry of Health) through the activities listed below.
In general, the Advocacy and Communications Officer will:
- Participate in meetings and conference calls and maintain regular communication (including through written updates) with PATH colleagues as well as partners working on the project.
- Collaborate with PATH colleagues, partners, and others on the development of communications work plans, objectives, and activities, and identify ways in which PATH can support these efforts.
- Assist PATH colleagues, partners, and others in executing communications plans that align with and are supportive of the objectives of the project.
- Support efforts to sustain stakeholder engagements and interests in PATH immunization work.
- Work with PATH to maintain briefing packets about on Malaria Vaccines and COVID19 vaccinations.
- Help to define processes for issues management and for maintaining risk communications plans.
- Help to monitor social and traditional media for reports on the RTS,S and COVID19 vaccine deployment in Ghana.
- Help to document lessons learned in the continued implementation of the vaccine programme.
- Prepare presentations for meetings and ensure meeting outcomes are well documented, as needed and/or requested.
- Be able and willing to travel within Ghana as well as internationally.
- Assist in preparing reports related to communications work on the project.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- MPH or Msc in Communications with a minimum 5 years experience or a Bsc in Communications, Public Health or Social sciences with 10 years’ experience in the health sector
- Experience working with the Ministry of Health and Health partners
- Experience in developing and deploying health communications on malaria and immunizations is a plus
- Experience with new vaccine introduction is a must
- Proficiency in English
Monthly activity reports
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Location Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana Company Location Accra, Ghana Position Type Full-Time/Regular