Job Title: Advocacy Program Assistant
Location: Monrovia with frequent travels to field locations
Reports to: Snr. Advocacy and Capacity strengthening Officer
Breakthrough ACTION Liberia is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to lead social and behavior change (SBC) programming in 12 counties. Led by the Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs (CCP), Breakthrough ACTION partners include Save the Children, ideas42, and Think Place. The vision of the Breakthrough ACTION Liberia project is to deliver effective, high quality social and behavior change (SBC) activities in Liberia that will result in improved demand and use of health services for malaria; maternal, neonatal, and child health (MNCH); nutrition; family planning/ reproductive health (FP/RH); adolescent health; and water, sanitation, hygiene (WASH) and engage communities in behaviors to prevent zoonotic and non-zoonotic infections in line with the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA).
Summary: The Advocacy Program Assistant will be responsible to assist the Advocacy Officer in the day to day over all implementation of all Breakthrough ACTION Liberia advocacy activities at community, districts and County levels. He/ She will work closely with the Field Manager to monitor and support Advocacy core group activities and report to the Snr. Advocacy officer.
Child Rights Governance (CRG) Programme Coordinator at Save the Children
Program Unit Manager – Kilifi (43732) at Plan International
Associate Director, Public Affairs at The END Fund
East and Central Africa Interagency Working Group Director at Save the Children
MMC Specialist at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Sr. Global Data Science Manager at Population Services International (PSI)
Digital Economy Consultant at International Labour Organization
Driver, Kenya at Fauna & Flora International
Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant at HIAS Refugee Trust of Kenya
Tax & Intercompany Accountant – Nigeria at the British Council (Lagos / Abuja)
Rector at the African Union (AU)
Program Manager I -System Strengthening Specialist at Catholic Relief Services
Regional Gender and Inclusion Specialist at Plan International
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
· Work closely with the ASCO/ FMs in the implementation, documentation and reporting of Breakthrough ACTION-Liberia’s Advocacy core group interventions and approach at community , district and county level.
· In consultation with the ACSO/ FMs the Advocacy Program Assistant will designs weekly and monthly activity plan and submit to the Snr. Advocacy Officer.
· Follow-up with the ACGs on a regular basis ensuring Advocacy issues identified are follow-up and resolved by engaging relevant stakeholders
· Follow-up with relevant stakeholders on advocacy issues identified
· Actively partake in ACGs bi monthly meeting and provide technical support to the group.
· Support the Knowledge management officer (KM) to document success stories from the ACGs work
· Work with FMs to develop and implement defined and targeted advocacy plans at County and District level, including tracking and reporting of advocacy outcomes
· Assist the SACSO/ ACSO to organize and facilitate advocacy meetings, workshops, seminars, discussions, etc. with sectorial stakeholders, government and other implementing partners.
· Compile a details trainings and meetings minutes notes and submit to the ACSO
· Mobilize and coordinate ongoing advocacy program activities with other SBC and County team members as assigned or required
· In consultation with ACSO to organize advocacy related activities and prepare documents from the outcomes of discussions, meetings, symposium and initiatives.
· Perform job duties/responsibilities in support of CCP’s mission and values, as appropriate.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned by Breakthrough ACTION-Liberia Snr. Advocacy and Capacity Strengthening Officer and Advocacy Officer
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree equivalent or higher in a relevant field (public health, social science, humanities, other).
Specific experience will include:
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ demonstrable experience supporting/implementing advocacy and capacity building activities on Malaria, Family Planning or related Reproductive Health and WASH programs in Liberia.
· SBC and/or Community Mobilization expertise is required
· Demonstrable ability to network and coordinate with local county and district authorities as well as nongovernment organizations for purposes of advocacy matters.
· Having knowledge of county-specific contexts and sound experience working with community channels/networks is required.
· Demonstrate high-level oral and written communication skills including the capacity to communicate and work with people from diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment, make independent decisions and to work as part of a multidisciplinary team to develop collaborative relationships and networks between agencies.
· Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage workload with minimal supervision.
· Ability to use computers with computer.
Language Skills: Must be fluent in English and Liberian local dialects.
How to apply
To apply: Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and three references (including current supervisor), Samples of the design work, if available, Completed fees/price list based on the attached volume/type of services to HR@ba-liberia.or with “**Advocacy Intern**” in the email subject line. Emails received that are missing any of these components will not be considered. All application must be received no later than February 10, 2022 for consideration. Women are encouraged to apply. PLEASE NOTE THAT POSITION IS FOR PEOPLE RESIDING IN LIBERIA.