The Skills Outside School Foundation is a not-for-profit organization registered in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria, and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Advocacy Program Support Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Similar Vacancies, Ngo jobs in Africa now
Confederation of African Football (CAF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Administrative Assistant at the U.S. Consulate General
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
Plan International Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
Population Services International (PSI) Job Recruitment (7 Positions)
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Job Recruitment (4 Positions)
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- The Advocacy Program Support Officer will develop, organize, and execute a wide range of activities to influence policy according to the scope of our programs, and specific results-oriented projects
- S/he will build the policy capacity of our organization and advice on project implementation.
- S/he will carry out policy analysis and the writing of position statements of our organization.
- Together with the Media and Communications Officer and the CEO, s/he will play an active role in networking, lobbying, and representing the organization in a wide range of policy issues at events, conventions, and media opportunities.
- S/he will be able to integrate communication tools and channels in her/his work.
- Facilitate and guide our institutional advocacy strategy.
- Facilitate the development of joint advocacy strategies with partners associated networks, partners, and other offices of our organization.
- Develop strategic partnerships with key actors to achieve our policy goals.
- Act as a spokesperson liaison to media, governments, and other actors.
- Work with the Media and Communications Officer in organizing media outreach; arranging all media contacts, press briefings, and interviews; providing talking points and other materials as needed for staff; responds to media inquiries quickly and effectively.
- Production of a diverse range of information products including audio/visual communications, when needed to achieve specific policy goals.
- Support and advise the team on how to carry out advocacy properly.
- Identify key opportunities in the short and long-term in which we can influence policy processes.
- Advice management for meaningful engagement with key actors and institutions.
- Support opportunities for fund-raising regarding policy interventions.
- Support and coordinate the relevant regional policy processes and activities of regional offices especially with regards to global/international policy processes and fora related to wetlands and other societal issues.
- Anticipate possible advocacy developments and outcomes and prepare contingency plans and strategy adjustments.
You might Also Like
Programme Policy Officer (School Feeding) CST-I (Mogadishu & Garowe) at World Food Programme
Deputy Nutrition Cluster Coordinator, Consultant (Level II), Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Joint Resilience Programme Coordinator) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Social Protection) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Food Systems) CST-II, Mogadishu at World Food Programme
Programme Policy Officer (Partnership) – NOA at World Food Programme
Communications Officer at Mercy Corps
Subaward & Compliance Officer at Mercy Corps
Profile of the Candidate
- The Advocacy Program Support Officer has experience in formulating and implementing organizational policy strategies.
- S/he has demonstrated a commitment to the cause either through previous job experiences or any other activities related to our mission.
- S/he has a solid track record in representing organizations before.
- S/he is proactive, creative, outspoken, optimistic with interest in education, employability, and entrepreneurship and a passion for making a difference with a preference for achieving outcomes in collaboration with others.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Communications, Humanities, Education, International Relations, Law, Business Management, Public Administration).
- Proven working experience in policy analysis and advocacy in national, regional, and global dimensions.
- Demonstrable experience and achievements working in and advocating towards multi-stakeholder platforms and processes.
- Track record in policy analysis, writing and editing articles, website content, reports, and press releases.
- Experience working in an international environment is desirable.
- Ability to quickly understand and absorb new topics, issues, and disciplines and distill relevant advocacy strategies from them.
- Good understanding of political affairs and international institutions dynamics in Africa, and Nigeria especially.
- Experience in networking, stakeholder mapping and strategizing according to policy objectives of different projects
- Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences.
- Excellent communication and project management skills; team player and facilitator.
- Excellent command of written and spoken the English Language.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs).
Recommended Prior Experience
- Prior experience in the education or public sector.
- Prior experience providing advice to senior-level officials in the public, private or non-profit sectors;
- Reporting Relationship: CEO
- A person of integrity Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times
- Effectively promote the SOSF’s mission, values and objectives
- Work from Home
- Flexible roles & work culture
- Five-day work/week with flexible working hours
- Learn while you work
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send Application with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF or Word Format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position being applied for as the subject of the email.
Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
Digital Communications Officer at ActionAid International
Compliance Director at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Senior Technical Officer – Prevention, Care & Treatment at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
WHE Team Lead at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Coordinator at World Health Organization (WHO)
Field Security Officer at World Health Organization (WHO)
Regional Marketing Officer, SSA (Exams and Cultural Engagement) at British Council
Senior Technical Advisor, HIV Prevention at Pathfinder International
Associate Director, Pharmaceutical Care and Supply Chain Management at Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)