Location: Thies, Senegal
Reports to: Agroforestry Manager
Language Requirements: French and English fluency
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty. Learn more from myAgro’s founder and CEO here.
About the Role
You will co-create agroforestry pilot programs to inform the development of services that increase farmer income and contribute to more sustainable agroecological systems in Mali.
- You are a (agro)forestry expert. You bring specific experience in designing and running agroforestry programs. You embrace the principles of design thinking in the creation of new agroforestry solutions for West African farmers. You have the tools to guide your projects to successful outcomes. You make your team and those around you better with your management abilities.
- Creating support for agroforestry programs is your second nature! You have experience accomplishing change management strategies and are comfortable with communication/marketing tools to foster the required change.
- We operate in a part of the world already experiencing the harsh consequences of climate change, and our farmers are among the most vulnerable populations. The Agroforestry manager is a new and crucial role to help myAgro with its ambition to create sustainable and climate resilient income sources for these farmers, setting them up for a better and more food-secure future.
Responsibilities include the following:
Design agroforestry programs
- Under the guidance of the Agroforestry Manager, research successful agroforestry innovations
- Use the results of the agroforestry pilots to inform decision making and shape the agroforestry programs as an essential part of the myAgro’s strategy
Manage agroforestry pilots
- Help hire and train an agroforestry pilot team
- Sell agroforestry packages through in collaboration with sales team
- Help with the management of the country-based agroforestry field teams, including creating quality training materials, developing work plans, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
Analyze and communicate findings
- Work with agroforestry specialist to set up and manage M&E activities that measure the impact of the agroforestry package on farmers
- Be a resource the donor relations teams, providing concise, user-friendly information
You are RIGHT for this role if…
- You have 2 years or more of managing (agro)forestry programs – preferably including a background in scaling and expanding programs.
- You have implemented agroforestry programs in rural areas of Africa.
- You have held a position on the crossroads between multiple departments.
You are NOT qualified for this job if…
- You do not have more than 2 years of agriculture or agroforestry experience.
- You are not fluent in French and English.
- You have no experience working in Africa.
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Paid leave
- Retirement plan contributions match
- Flight benefit
- Laptop and professional development stipends
- The opportunity to contribute meaningfully to an important cause.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- Job City Thies