Aircraft Dispatcher and Flight Following Services
- CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
- CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
- Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
- Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
Overview of position:
- CTG is looking for an experienced staff whose experience mathes the below TOR.
- Deliver flight following & radio room communication services.
- Before commencing flight operations every morning, checks & tests all relevant equipment & log their serviceability.
- The unserviceable equipment shall be reported to the Regional Air Operations Officer & / or MAOC Duty Officer for appropriate action.
- Prior flight operations, check serviceability of all relevant equipment & log.
- At any time keep track of UN aircraft within & outside the mission area.
- Monitor & control all communication with UN aircraft to ensure that all missions are executed safely & in accordance with ICAO regulations, DPKO aviation manual, MINUSMA aviation SOP, local area procedures & daily flight schedule.
- Maintain continuous watch on the assigned communication channels.
- Record all landings & departure times of aircraft, persons on board & fuel endurance of all MINUSMA & other UN missions / agencies flights.
- Provide flight / weather information service if required.
- Pass arrival / departure information of MINUSMA flights for other airfields / helipads to respective air regions.
- Convey administrative & operational messages between aircraft & air operations.
- Keep informed Air Operations Officer / MAOC / Regional Air Operation Officer on all significant matters pertaining to aircraft operations & aviation safety.
- Record mandatory & relevant information in the flight following radio log.
- Record significant information in flight following / incident occurrence logbook.
- ssist aircrews in filling flight plans & obtaining weather information & necessary clearances relevant to their departure, en route & arrival airports.
- Provide required assistance & relay directives / information & coordinate activities in case of significant weather abnormalities, aircraft emergencies / distress, MEDEVAC or CASEVAC.
- Coordinate movement of UN aircraft with the host country ATC authorities.
- Participate in search & rescue activities at his / her level.
- Liaise with mission offices in relation to aviation activities.
- Maintain all aeronautical documentation (ICAO Annexes, Jeppesen, AIP, NOTAM, etc.) updated in air operations.
- Keep computer records of aircraft daily & monthly flight hours.
- Participate in flight planning, coordination & paper work compilation.
- Perform other tasks related to the flight following activities.
- This role reports to the line manager.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in aviation industry, with at least 3 years in occupation directly related to air transport operations or air traffic navigation services.
- High school diploma & technical training in aviation related activities such as Pilot, Air Traffic Controller, Flight Information Officer etc. or graduation from equivalent military establishment or military / air traffic control training are required.
- Air Traffic Controller or Flight Information Services or Radio Operator License is required.
- Meeting the English proficiency requirement of ICAO level 4.
- Professional Pilot license is an advantage.
- Dispatcher license is required.
- This role has no team management responsibilities.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- UN·E Adjoint·E Responsable De Departement Logistique Achat at Action Contre la Faim France
- Limited Emergency, Crash and Rescue / Fire Fighting Services at CTG
- Consortium Coordinator – Chad at Concern Worldwide
- Grants Officer – Burkina Faso at Concern Worldwide
- Un(e) Consultant(e) communication/vidéographe/infographe at International Organization for Migration