Position: Archiving Officer
Department: Transparency & Compliance
Contract Duration: Fixed
Location: Nairobi Kenya.
Starting date: Feb/March2022
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. Their staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the aforementioned position based in Nairobi Kenya.
II. Position Profile
The Archiving Officer works under the direct supervision of the Country T&C Manager and is responsible for collecting, filing, organizing and send it to e-manage all paper documentation in hard copy as per ACTED global FLATS filing guidelines.
The Archiving Officer is also responsible for collecting all scanned documents at ACTED country and area mission level, for indexing and tagging them, and for uploading them on ACTED servers using the ACTED-Archive software as per ACTED’s procedures on timely manner.
III. Duties and Responsibilities
Document Checks & Archive Upload
- Check the quality and exhaustiveness of scanned documents,
- Scan and upload missing documents with appropriate equipment in the appropriate format as per ACTED Scanning & Archiving guidelines,
- Pack and stack FLATS documents as per ACTED Scanning & Archives guidelines,
- Pack and stack other documents as per given guidelines,
- Prepare scanned documents for shipment to e-manage,
- Follow-up with archives movements and shipping from area offices to Nairobi office when applicable,
- Making sure all documents are scanned initially before shipping, cross-checked according to applied procedures, sorted and named according to the digitalization process.
- Tag and Index scanned documentation on the ACTED-Archive solution,
- Ensure Filing and Indexation of documentation on ACTED Archive solution,
- Ensure Accessibility to date to authorized staff,
- Provide support to all departments taking part of the ACTED scanning & archive process, in particular Finance, Logistics, HR and Program staff,
- Remove all useless and/or very old paper document from the archive room(s) after approval from HQ Transparency & Audit.
- Report to ACTED Country Director and Country T&C manager on the status of monthly archiving process,
- Report any issue in the archiving process,
- Report any potential optimization to the archiving process,
- Update the Red Cell Game in close coordination with the Finance department.
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines
- Any other duty as may be requested by your supervisor or Coordination.
Key Performance Indicators:
% of folders archived and up to date in archive room,
% of files scanned to the server per department,
Efficiency of file database,
Tidiness and arrangement of the archive room.
Provide support for the good functioning of ACTED T&C department whenever requested by his/her supervisor & ACTED HQ.
IV. Qualifications/Skills Required
- Bachelor Degree in Information Sciences, Archives & Records Management, Archival Science or related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position in an INGO with a proven track record of success.
- Deep and clear understanding of archival ethics and laws relating to archival management.
- Computer Literate – MS Outlook and Excel and basic software application and familiarity with the internet and email communications
- Strong communication, analytical (Context, records), organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity, strong sense of responsibility and honesty.
How to apply
Qualified national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 17th February, 2022 with the subject line “ARCHIVING OFFICER_NAIROBI”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply. Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
shortlisting will be on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right the hire before the deadline.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.