Fixed-term contract : 12 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in NIGERIA
Our mission in NIGERIA has been open since 2016. PUI develops its integrated approach with mainly in Health, Nutrition and Protection, Furthermore, PUI works on MHPSS, Food Security (cash transfer) and Early Recovery and Livelihood. Today, the mission is implementing 2 projects.
What about the Area Coordinator Nigeria?
As Area Coordinator, you will be responsible for the oversight of all programs, operations, and safety and security of all staff under your responsibility in a specific area of the country. You will represent PUI to local stakeholders, monitor and analyse the humanitarian context, and assess needs accordingly to the programmatic strategy. You will also be in charge of monitoring and negotiating humanitarian access.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Safety and Security: In collaboration with the Head of Mission, you will be responsible for the safety and security of all PUI staff, assets, and premises under your areas of operation.
- Humanitarian access: In collaboration with the Head of Mission, you will be responsible for the negotiation of humanitarian access with appropriate stakeholders at regional level.
- Programs: You will be accountable for an adequate definition and efficient implementation of the projects, which are under the responsibility of the Programmes department and the project managers at the base level.
- Team management: You will indirectly supervise all the teams under your area of responsibility, composed of national and international staff. You will support the team’s recruitments, briefings of new staff and HR, and ensure the needed follow-up.
- Representation: You will represent PUI locally (if security allows) and promote an optimal operational space for pursuing PUI’s strategic priorities in coordination with all relevant entities.
- Fundraising: You will assist the Head of Mission and Deputy Head of Mission Programmes in donor relations and identifying fundraising opportunities, especially in your area of responsibility.
- Coordination: You will centralize and disseminate information from/to the area and consolidate the internal and external reporting activities implemented in your field of operations before submitting them to the Head of Mission and Coordination. You will ensure effective communication and dissemination of information between the area under your supervision and Coordination among the field team and bases of operations.
- Assessment/Strategy: You will proactively monitor the context and humanitarian needs under your areas of responsibility, propose, design, and lead assessments and the development of appropriate interventions. You will participate actively in the mission-wide strategy development.
The challenges that await you:
Remote management of Monguno base (120 staff currently) accessible only by air Volatile and complex security environment Intersectoral approach and interdependence between departments Direct supervision of Maiduguri base support managers + deputy field co for programs.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in social science, politics science, program management, international development or any relevant field. Any diploma(s) and/or training(s) that bring added-value for the position will be appreciated.
- Experience: You are strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience in the humanitarian field in multi-sectorial projects development and implementation, and minimum 1 year of experience as Field Coordinator / Head of Base. You have a strong experience in Budget/Finance Management (cost-efficiency) and in managing logistical processes. You also have experience in working with a variety of donors and in Safety & Security. You have skills and experience in developing national staff capacity. All the better if you have a Program Coordinator experience, and an experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methodologies. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You have excellent writing skills, you master team and project management but also security management and context follow-up. You have external representation and negotiation skills and a strong interest in humanitarian access negotiation. Knowledge of procedures related to institutional donors (BHA, ECHO, UN agencies…) and about health/Nut Programming, MHPSS and Protection will be appreciated.
- Qualities: You are able to work independently, to take initiatives and to take responsibility in a proactive approach. You are self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization, and you have strong commitment in humanitarian principles. You show resilience to stress, diplomacy and open-mindedness, and have good analytical, problem solving and leadership skills. You are organized and able to manage priorities in a varied workload, and able to guarantee effective and timely outputs. You are able to work and manage professionally and maturely, and to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Spanish, Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Fascinating integrated community-based programing, with strong engagement with the community (IDPs and host community). Great experience to develop a stronger comprehensive support to the affected community, and built the first steps towards development interventions. Very capable team of national and international staff, with great dynamics between Maiduguri, Monguno and Coordination teams. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Cadre with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 970,00 – 3 500,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
HOT NGO JobS In Africa
Health Supply Chain Team Support At Catholic Relief Services
Business Development Consultants At Catholic Relief Services
Head of Programs Delivery AFRICA&ASIA At Feed the Children
MCOF Support Consultancy At International Organization for Migration
Consultancy-HR ANALYTICS TRAINING FOR HECA At Oxfam
ITT FY22 – 108 Digital Policy & Advocacy Technical Advisor Consultant At Plan International
Re-advertisement- ICVA Deputy Regional Representative Asia Pacific At International Council of Voluntary Agencies
Senior Communications Manager At Restless Development
Data Analyst At Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Surge M&E and Reporting Officer At iMMAP
Rehabilitation Trainer – Emergency Roster At Handicap International – Humanity & Inclusion
Senior Technical Advisor (Asia Region) – Road Injury Surveillance At Vital Strategies
Call for proposal: RTE is looking for consultant(s) to conduct an external review At Right to Education Initiative
RFQ FY22 – 107 UN Mapping At Plan International
Project Manager for NetHope’s Center for the Digital Nonprofit. At NetHope
Rotary Marketing Officer At ShelterBox
Project Evaluator At Finn Church Aid
Junior Project Manager At Human Rights Watch
Consultant – Safeguarding Guidance, Tool & Training Development – Remote At Mercy Corps
Climate Change Experts, USAID Green Recovery Investment Platform At DT Global
Communications Associate, Public Affairs At The END Fund
JUDGES OF THE UNITED NATIONS INTERNAL JUSTICE SYSTEM At United Nations
Consultant – Conflict Analysis Sahel and Health for Peace initiatives At World Health Organization
Driver & Logistics Assistant At EngenderHealth
Civil Engineer (home-based retainer) At UNOPS
CALL FOR INTEREST – CONSULTANCY SERVICES At Action Contre la Faim France
RFQ FY22-106 Advocacy expertise to refresh plan international’s Global Advocacy Strategy (GLAS) At Plan International
Senior Policy Analyst – Governance At WaterAid
Human Resource Analytics Training Consultant At Jhpiego
Human Resource Analytics Training Consultant at Jhpiego – John Hopkins University
ALLY Regional and National Trainers At Finn Church Aid
Iraq: Coordinator At Internews Network
Nigeria: Area Coordinator At ACTED
Nigeria: Project Development Manager At ACTED
Senior Research Analyst, Oil & Gas (flexible location) At European Climate Foundation
Junior Communications Consultant, HARP-F Myanmar At Crown Agents
Regional Consultancy Roster – Programme & Policy Officer (RAM) for Latinamerica & the Caribbean At World Food Programme
Regional Consultancy Roster -Programme & Policy Officer (CBT) for Latinamerica & the Caribbean At World Food Programme
Regional Consultancy Roster – Logistics Officer (Supply Chain) for Latin America & the Caribbean At World Food Programme
Grant & Compliance Officer At Light for the World
Field HR Applications Referent (Homere) At Médecins Sans Frontières
Technical Consultant for SASA! Together Materials’ Adaptation and Development At Jhpiego
Integrated Primary Health Care Advisor At Jhpiego
Marketing Associate At ArdenVent
REPORT ON GLOBAL CONVENTION ON TAX AND FINANCIAL TRANSPARENCY At Norwegian Church Aid
Active Citizenry Technical Consultant (West Bank/Gaza) At Global Communities
Critical Friend Evaluator to the ALLY Project At Finn Church Aid
Disaster Ready endline At CARE
Finance Officer (Rivers) At Idmibok International
Advocacy Officer At Asylum Access
Program Manager At Medical Teams International
Grants Specialist At Medical Teams International
Procurement Manager At Creative Associates International
Program Officer, Emergency Response At Project HOPE
Senior Finance Officer At Creative Associates International
Director, Finance in Abuja, Nigeria At Creative Associates International
Portfolio Support Officer At HelpAge International
Consultancy for Sustainable Agriculture learning platform & related app At World Wide Fund For Nature
National Coordinator – Philippines / Indonesia / Malaysia / Thailand At Magenta FZE
Japan Researcher – Remote At Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project
Senior Manager, Cost and Pricing At Amref Health Africa
Business Development Manager At Amref Health Africa
Consultancy For Baseline and MEL Framework for Women’s Empowerment and Rights in Liberia At Kvinna Till Kvinna
Family Health International (FHI 360) Job Recruitment (22 Positions)
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
- Job City Maiduguri