Position: Area Support Manager
You will actively contribute to the Central Area Office strategy while you coordinate the support functions and off-load the Area Manager on support functions. As a member of the senior management team, you share the responsibility to establish and maintain work systems that ensure maximum impact for people affected by the conflict.
1. Strategic Resource Management
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the area office for an efficient structure
- Ensure adequate and fit-for-purpose support strategy rooted in national staff capacity development
- Provide leadership of the Support Department and ensure all work as one team.
- Deputizes the Area Manager, represent NRC externally in different fora
- Lead the evaluation of partners working with NRC
- Ensure efficiency and value for money for the support units in Eastern Sudan.
2.Compliance and Internal Control
- Ensure that all rules, regulations, routines, procedures, SOPs are accessible to and known by all staff.
- Perform regular spot-checks on supporting documentation to identify areas of improvement in regards of quality of documentation.
- Ensure the recommendations addresses to the Area Office Support Department are addressed and updated on regular basis.
- Responsible for corruption mapping and mitigation practices and procedures in the Programme
- Lead on the preparation of Area Office donor, internal and external audit processes.
3.Systems and Procedures
- Ensure that all rules, regulations, routines, procedures, SOPs are available, accessible to and known by all staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that HR, finance, logistics and administration systems provide relevant and adequate support to the area office’s programmes throughout the whole project cycle
- With the Area Manager, ensure that the area office’ work processes are in place, understood by all staff, and carefully followed.
- Lead on the implementation at Area Office level of new procedures and rollout of new systems such as NRC HR Management System, UNIT4 Procurement and other systems.
- Lead on the elaboration and regular update of the Master Support Budget at Area Office level.
- Ensure coverage of Master Budget at all time and ensure that efficient, sustainable and flexible HR structures are in place.
- Provide support to the Area North Emergency response programme ensuring that support functions are working well to ensure the success of the response.
- Work with programme functions to ensure the reconciliation of all distributions with the reconciliation of deliverables.
Click this job description for more information on the role
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 4 years in middle management experience in humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience working in a Finance, Logistics, HR managerial position (or at least one of them)
- Solid knowledge of HR, finance and logistics routines in a humanitarian context
- Previous experience from working in complex contexts
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience of remote management
- Knowledge of the Eastern Sudan Emergency Response crisis an asset
- Experience of partnership an asset
- Previous experience in a similar role an asset
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC, we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12 months fixed term contract
- We aim to attract internationally experienced candidates; starting basic monthly pay is NOK 52,301 dependent on level of experience. If a national candidate is selected, the national salary scale will apply.
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
How to apply
Click this link to apply