UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering an Assistant Project Management Officer, LICA-8, position within the Supporter Engagement Section of the Private Sector Partnerships Service.
UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 130 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions.
Title: Assistant Project Management Officer
Duty Station: Home Based
Duration: 18 April – 31 December 2022
Contract Type: UNOPS Local Specialist, Level LICA – 8
Closing date: 10th March 2022
Start date: As soon as Possible
UNHCR’s Marketing, Data and Analysis Team within Supporter Engagement Section (SES) is part of the broader Division of External Relations (DER) section. This role is part of the Private Sector Partnership (PSP). One of the core objectives of this team is: to help the organization to accelerate public engagement and audience growth from digital channels and contribute to the One-Billion-dollar strategy, which consists in raising $1 billion from the private sector each year by 2025 and engaging with 25 million people in support of the refugee cause.
UNHCR has a substantial investment program to recruit new individual donors (acquisition programs) and engage with them to maximize ongoing support (donor development programs) and meet ambitious annual and long-term targets. Developing data-driven fundraising reporting solutions and analysis is key to monitoring results against targets and identify opportunities/issues that UNHCR should focus on at a national and global level to maximize the long-term net income from individual donors.
The Digital Marketing, Data and Analysis Team supports delivers centralised digital, data and marketing expertise, shared technical infrastructure and platforms in support of PSP markets, HQ units, and across DER, and wider UNHCR functions to support digital engagement for fundraising and non-fundraising activities. Our current stakeholders include Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) local fundraising offices, Global Communication and regional/country office teams, and other divisions worldwide.
The role is expected to provide the team with the structures, tools and techniques needed to ensure that projects are managed according to best practice, communications are managed well, projects delivered on time and on budget, that operational and change priorities are balanced, the governance and decision making is facilitated, and it has the resources and capability to deliver them consistently well.
The incumbent will also assist in ensuring that policies, guidelines, best practices, and instructions are in place and kept up to date to support effective project planning and implementation across the wider team and function. The incumbent will also work closely with colleagues across the wider organisation including DES, DIST, Finance, National Partners, and the PSP network and with external suppliers and partners. The incumbent will assist in ensuring that operational/project management systems, tools, procedures are in place and to coordinate relevant training packages and capacity building projects within the team.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of Sr. Digital Engagement Officer, the Assistant project management Officer will primarily focus on supporting stakeholders and teams to deliver the DMDA project portfolio on time and to budget.
· Manage the Digital Marketing, Data and Analysis Team projects portfolio, to ensure delivery of assigned projects in a timely manner and according to priorities and budgets.
· Coordinate projects for the development and maintenance of new or existing digital, data, marketing, and/or analytics projects, according to specifications and UNHCR project management standards.
· Create and communicate project plans, schedules and budgets. Support in assigning tasks and deadlines, and schedule frequent check-ins with stakeholders. Clear roadblocks and escalate challenge when necessary. Provide project status reports to the team, and effectively assess and evaluate projects success.
· Ensure Agile project management methodology is applied throughout the project lifecycles. Ensure project meetings, planning, and coordination of the project teams, including external suppliers and/or agencies. Ensure that the workflow and tasks for the team and external agencies are prioritized.
· Assist the Senior Digital Engagement Officer and team members in drafting concept notes and project plans relating to assigned team projects.
· Liaise with other offices and teams to plan, coordinate, and implement any new projects or the team’s involvement in other teams’ wider programmes or projects.
· Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant internal stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
· Deliver the formulation of project communications plans. Coordinate internal project communications. Monitor the effectiveness of project communications
· Ensure all implementation plans and materials are comprehensively developed to ensure smooth projects and transition
· Track timelines, budgets, and other resources against plan for each implementation
· Support project leads and management to identify and manage risks across designated projects
· Perform other duties, as required.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:-
University degree (BA) preferably preferably in Digital Project Management; Management; Business; or other relevant field.
· For P1/NOA – 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree.
· Relevant and progressive professional experience, specifically in the field of Project Management with experience of successful implementation and/or oversight of programmes and projects.
· Previous experience of working within a PMO environment.
· Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
· Strong experience with data analysis, management reporting and project management tools and information management systems.
· Sound experience in program management training and capacity building activities.
· Experience in quality assurance methodologies and risk management for implementation projects.
· Demonstrated experience working with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
· Experience of client-facing and ability to deal with multiple stakeholders at all levels.
· Full working knowledge of English is essential.
• Knowledge of UN/UNHCR financial and procurement rules and regulations, and financial management tools.
• Certification in Project Management
• Prior UN experience is an asset.
• Fluency in one or more additional official UN languages is an advantage.
The successful candidate will be homebased.
This position is a full-time role starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
How to apply
Closing date for the receipt of applications: 10th March 2022 – Midnight (Copenhagen time)
To learn more and apply, please visit https://bit.ly/3hea8Dh
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.