Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer, Pharmacy / Logistics
Requisition ID: 2022201830
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Technical Officer, Primary Health Care
- The ATO Pharmacy/Logistics – will support the development of in-house capacity in all aspects of distribution and warehousing of health commodities.
- S/he will provide technical and leadership support to strengthen the supply chain process of health commodities to reduce stock-outs, lower costs and eliminate wastages.
- Carrying out inspection duties as provided for under the Poisons and Pharmacist’s Act, the Dangerous Drug Act and the Food and Drug Decree and other operational legislations
- Direct outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities; ensure health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to Pharmacy technicians on drug dispensing and prescription to in-and-outpatients whilst providing mentorship on medication advice.
- S/he will develop a cost effective system for cold and dry storage for health commodities based on good storage and evidence-based principles in keeping with good quality assurance standards.
- Providing spontaneous advice on medicaments such as mixtures, lotions, ointments, syrups, etc.
- Provides technical information and advice to other health professionals on procurement and supply chain management of health commodities.
- Ensuring proper storage and issuance of all drugs over the duration of the project.
- Participating in routine quality control audits of all drugs in stock.
- Conduct periodic visits to facility warehouses to follow-up on all warehouse related matters such as the environment, sterilization, refrigeration etc. and generate reports to management and other stakeholders
- Monitor safety standards in accordance with regulations; ensure safety code and quality compliance are met daily.
- Advice on the disposal process of all health commodities marked for destruction (damaged or expired).
- Works with technical support and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data over the life of the project.
- Compiles and submits periodic reports.
- Ensures adequate infection prevention and control standards are maintained at all times.
- Research, develop and recommend policies and procedures to improve internal processing and record keeping systems.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications / Competencies
- B.Sc / BA in Pharmacy or relevant field with 1 to 3 years of experience working as a pharmacist.
- Must be a licensed Pharmacist.
- Experience working in humanitarian context is required.
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office and an experience in rational health commodities selection, forecasting/quantification, quality assurance spanning the PSM cycle, warehousing/storage, distribution, and LMIS is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Experience must include managing health commodity logistics information systems, including forecasting/quantification.
- Be familiar with developing PSM indicators and issues surrounding monitoring and evaluation of the PSM.
- Knowledge of Quantimed and Pipeline a plus
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding M&E, statistics and quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities for developing countries.
- Fluent in English and Hausa language an advantage
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Counselor Tester at Pride of Womanhood Empowerment Initiative (POWEI)
- Technical Officer, Primary Health Care at Family Health International (FHI 360)
- Senior Officer, NSD (Bilingual) at the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
- Administrative Assistant, TB-LON 3 Project at the Institute of Human Virology (IHVN)
- United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) Job Recruitment (3 Positions)