Position: Assiut Field Manager
The Field Manager is responsible for field level management of programmes / projects of various sizes and complexities, FO budget development and management, governorate level coordination and representation with key stakeholders and other government departments/INGOs/NGOs, safety and security, logistics, awards management, including management of multiple teams. The post holder will play a key role in staff building capacity processes at field level, and will contribute in the effective scale up and management of Save the Children programmes in Assiut (Development and Emergency) to increase SCI footprint and enable positive change for children.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Essential: QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant University Degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in management positions, managing integrated multi sector or multi-locations programs.
- Strong project cycle management experience.
- Previous experience of managing a large team
- Previous experience in managing economic empowerment projects.
- Budget management experience including institutional donors
- Demonstrable experience of MEAL and beneficiary accountability
- Strong experience in dealing with government officials at both strategic and operational levels.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, advocacy, negotiation and coaching.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Experience working through/with sub grants and partners is a requirement.
- Experience with capacity building of local partners and communities.
- Fluency in English with strong written and oral communication skills.
- The capacity and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Professional expertise in one of the Save the Children program areas is preferable
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
The Organisation We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030: No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday All children learn from a quality basic education and that, Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued. Application Information: Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Data Analyst at The International Centre for Reproductive Health
- Environment & Climate Specialist at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- Management Specialist at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- DRIVER at Plan International
- Account Assistant – Global Fund at Plan International