UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is offering an Associate Data Quality Officer – Individual Contractor position within the Supporter Engagement Section – Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP).
UNHCR is a global organisation dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 125 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions.
- Title: Associate Data Quality Officer
- Duty Station: Home-based
- Duration: 1 February 2022 – 31 December 2022
- Contract Type: Individual Contractor
- Closing date: 3 January 2022
The Private Sector Partnerships Service (PSP) sits within UNHCR’s Division of External Relations (DER) and is responsible for mobilizing resources from the private sector for refugees. UNHCR has developed an ambitious Private Sector Fundraising Strategy which focuses on both Individual Giving and Private Sector Partnerships and identifies priority markets and regions.
The Digital Marketing Team in Supporter Engagement Section has designed a long-term scalable solution stack of CRM system, ecommerce solution, marketing automation system, web analytics (Google Analytics 360), Google Cloud data warehouse and advertising platforms including Google Marketing Platform to streamline the different functions of fundraising across all Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) markets contributing to UNHCRs $1 billion per year fundraising goal. The solution aims to optimize acquisition, engagement, and retention programs, as well as facilitate donor relation management and communication.
The solution stack offers a fully integrated digital ecosystem combining a set of tools and platforms delivering a harmonized environment to ensure efficiency of operations, avoid replicating cost and efforts to develop local solutions with similar functions.
As the digital marketing ecosystem is growing the Digital Marketing Team and Private Sector Partnership service are increasingly using data to inform business decisions and optimize digital marketing activities, the need for proactive Data Quality processes is increasing. An ongoing and systematic focus on improving data quality is important in order not to undermine the value of decisions and activities backed up by data. Monitoring and analysing data quality should be automated where possible. Resolving identified data quality issues involves ad hoc analysis of data from multiple systems to search for the root cause behind issues and then identify solutions to fix the issue.
Google Analytics is used across all UNHCRs web and mobile app properties to measure traffic and user engagement in sessions and specific events like form submits or donations.
This Digital Quality Analyst assignment will be primarily focused on bringing down the current list of data quality issues related to Google analytics measurement for PSP markets and setting up processes to monitor data quality using the Digital Marketing Data Lake in Google Big Query.
Duties and responsibilities
Data Quality process and monitoring setup, data quality issues investigated and resolved:
Work with Analytics and Tracking unit, Reporting unit and digital fundraising colleagues to investigate and resolve data quality issues- current and new.
Particular emphasis is to be placed on donation (ecommerce) tracking, and how donation transactions are defined, tracked and reported in both GA and GTM as well as in our various digital advertising platforms.
The system scope of the data quality work is primarily UNHCRs Google Analytics accounts using Google Tag Manager for measurement setup, and regional specific CRM backend systems for reconciliation. Other issues could involve the marketing automation system Selligent, Advertising platforms (Google Campaign Manager 360, DV360, SA360, Google Ads, Facebook and more), Ecommerce platforms or DRTV tracking platform.
A system must be developed to monitor data quality and data anomalies and automatically alert if thresholds are crossed for any system streaming data to UNHCRs Digital Marketing Data Lake in Google Cloud BigQuery.
The monitoring system must quantify the difference between Google Analytics and backend ecommerce data with the aim of identifying% difference over time and per region.
Dashboards in PowerBi to monitor data quality and data streams to BigQuery should be created in collaboration with the Reporting officer.
Document UNHCRs’ current Google Analytics measurement frameworks for unhcr.org webproperties and UNHCR apps.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
Education and Work Experience:
- A University degree in Digital Marketing & Data Analytics, Computer science, information systems, or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience with a bachelor’s degree / 2 years of relevant experience with a master’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability in managing data and information, processing analysis, and evaluation (required)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with attention to detail (required)
- Project management and organizational skills
- Excellent command of written and verbal English
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships with people in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity (required)
- Technology awareness
- Research, troubleshooting and presentation skills
- Ability to work with multiple projects in parallel and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Good knowledge of online data collection and storage structures and how data quality can be managed, monitored and analysed (required)
- Solid experience with digital measurement metrics (web and app) and analysing online performance data (desired)
- Good understanding of current online/digital technology (required)
- Solid experience writing and solving data questions with SQL (required)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform Big Query (desired)
- Experience with analytics platform Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager (desired) Advanced Excel skills and experience using Microsoft Office (required)
- Experience with CRM systems and data management (desired)
- Experience with Salesforce CRM (desired)
- Experience with Google Marketing Platform (desired)
- Experience with digital marketing performance measurement (desired)
- Experience of using Microsoft Power Bl for creating reports and dashboards (desired) Experience with Python or R for Google AP ls (desired)
It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week). The successful candidate will be working from home. The remuneration level and the applicable entitlements and benefits may be different based on the residence of the most suitable selected candidate.
How to apply
To learn more and apply, please visit https://bit.ly/3DVHrDZ
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
Closing date: 3 January 2022 (midnight – CET/Copenhagen time)