Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director, Strategic Information
Requisition ID: 2022200283
Employment Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Country Director
- The Associate Director, Strategic Information provides leadership in all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and research activities for the FHI 360 Nigeria.
- S/he leads in the provision of technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance in M&E, including to the Government of Nigeria (GON) and United States Government (USG) upon request.
- S/he collaborates closely with other major Stakeholders in the implementation and improvement of the National M&E effort in Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in M&E systems design and implementation and be responsible for the overall management of the M&E Department.
- Lead and provide technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance in M&E.
- Develop and implement appropriate guidelines to support CDC/Nigeria, Government of Nigeria (GoN) counterparts and CDC’s Implementing Partners in conducting M&E and reporting results, contribute to national data collection and information systems, ensure data quality.
- Provide technical support to GoN’s surveillance and public health evaluation efforts, and upon request collaborates closely with other major multilateral and bilateral partners to participate in the implementation and improvement of the National M&E effort in Nigeria.
- Provide overall management and provision of technical inputs to improve and facilitate the delivery of sound technical assistance and data quality in M&E.
- Facilitate deployment and use of electronic medical records system at FHI 360-supported sites.
- Take a leadership role in all QA/QI processes within FHI 360 Nigeria and among FHI 360’s Implementing Agencies.
- Strengthen the capacity of the FHI 360 M&E Team, and of FHI 360 technical staff in general; stay alert of the latest best practices in M&E to ensure up-to-date service delivery by the FHI 360 M&E Team.
- Foster FHI 360’s relationships with key counterparts at National level, especially from the National Action Committee on AIDS and of the National AIDS and STI Control Program, to facilitate synergies and guarantee harmony between FHI 360 and GON M&E activities.
- Supervise and support the data management, analysis and quality management-related initiative undertaken by M&E staff at the country office. In particular provide guidance in the development and/or adaptation of M&E tools, in the monitoring of their day-to-day use, and in their modification.
- Provide sound technical leadership in the FHI 360 Quality Management System (Standard Operating Procedures, Process Flowcharts, Forms), in the FHI 360 data flow (processes and procedures for data flow, collecting forms), and for the design, update and use of the FHI 360 databases.
- Review, validate, share and present regular FHI 360 M&E reports, to be used by various stakeholders (health workers in service delivery points, public health practitioners in GON or USG, technical officers and management in FHI 360).
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Represent FHI 360 at National and International events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience in project-level or state/national-level Monitoring and Evaluation in large HIV/AIDS programs at national or international level.
- M.Sc / M.A in Demography, Economics and an MPH or similar Degree with 9 to 11 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level Monitoring and Evaluation in large HIV/AIDS programs at national or international level.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Sound practical knowledge of statistics and the use of statistical software.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Sound knowledge and experience regarding M&E, statistics and quality assurance/quality improvement, and their specificities for developing countries.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Capacity to manage and build the capacity of a large team, within a multi-cultural environment.
- Capacity to consistently provide technical inputs on HIV/AIDS in the FHI 360 network to improve the quality of HIV/AIDS service delivery.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to represent FHI 360/Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online