Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director, Technical Assistance & Strategic Results Utilization
Requisition ID: 2022200284
Employment Type: Full Time
Supervisor: Country Director
- The Associate Director, TA, Systems and Strategic Results Management, will report to the Principal Investigator and will be responsible for managing and leading the provision of high level high-level technical assistance and dynamic data use for systems strengthening and adaptive program management.
- S/he will lead direct project-wide deployment of total quality leadership and accountability (TQLA) and work closely with the Principal Investigator and other project directors to support GoN leaders to adopt enhanced project management approaches that will lead to a strengthened health system.
- S/he will provide mentorship to project staff and a team of senior project staff to ensure program quality and strong local capacity development towards sustainability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to project team members and facilitate technical capacity assessments in efficacious, evidence-based HIV prevention, care and treatment.
- Provide technical guidance in strategic information use and mapping to inform program targeting and adaptive program management across different geographic areas in project states.
- Provide technical support to consortium team members, state government, LGA and site level staff to expand and improve HIV prevention, care and treatment approaches using evidence-based innovations that align with national guidelines, PEPFAR guidance and international standards.
- Lead technical support to local implementing partners to identify capacity gaps in line with project deliverables and design capacity building of service providers and managers through trainings, orientation, mentorship, supportive supervision and other innovative approaches for quality service delivery.
- Provide technical assistance to the project in planning and implementation of integrated services, efficient expansion of project reach and strategic resource mobilization for achievement of project results.
- Provide technical guidance to the various state and LGA stakeholders to strengthen capacity of local health systems, partners and communities to deliver quality health services.
- Provide technical guidance / assistance in Improvement Science.
- Provide technical guidance / assistance in management of human resources for health at all levels.
- Represent FHI 360 at National and International events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD / PHD or similar Degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience in project-level or state/national-level Monitoring and Evaluation in large HIV/AIDS programs at national or international level.
- M.Sc / M.A in Demography, Economics and an MPH or similar Degree with 9 to 11 years relevant experience in project-level or state/national-level Monitoring and Evaluation in large HIV/AIDS programs at national or international level.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is required.
- Sound practical knowledge of statistics and the use of statistical software.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- A basic Degree in Medicine or a related discipline and a Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, or a related discipline.
- At least 12 years of experience designing and implementing public health programs in Nigeria with practical experience in HIV/AIDS programs.
- At least 8 years management and/or strategic leadership experience.
- Firsthand knowledge of the Nigerian health system, stakeholders and actors.
- Demonstrated ability to critically appraise situations and design strategic interventions.
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills and in-depth knowledge and experience in USG/PEPFAR reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Certification in Quality Improvement Science would be an added advantage
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to represent FHI 360/Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online