eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Manager, Finance and Grants
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-Time National Employee
Purpose of the Position
- The Associate Manager, Finance and Grants duties will consist of providing support to the Grants Management Office for proposal budget developments, grants and subgrants lifecycle management and donor reporting.
- This role is going to be responsible for liaison with programs and grants teams to prepare budgets and narratives in alignment with the RFPs.
- Alongside, this role is also going to be responsible for monitoring and modifications of donor agreements (i.e. grants and contracts) .
- In addition, the incumbent is charged with closing out prime and sub-agreements.
- He/She is responsible for preparation and submission of financial reports to the donors
What You’ll Do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
Proposal Costing and Budget Development:
- Planning and coordination support to the Grants Manager for the development of multiple budgets for eHA proposals using eHA or donor budgeting templates.
- Supports Grants manager in the validation of proposal budgets developed by the programs team. Seeks clarification from the programs team on project activities and personnel level of effort from cost perspective and prepare briefings for budget review by management.
- Maintain well documented records supporting pricing used in the development of proposals. Collaborates with the programs and grants team to write, compile and edit cost proposal inputs into cohesive and compelling content that includes narrative, numeric and graphic information where applicable
- Participates in the development of proposal budget narratives which help in understanding how different activities and roles will contribute in successful delivery of the scope of work.
- Oversee and gather sourcing and verification of pricing information and unit costs
- Supports in ensuring cost proposals submitted meet funder specifications and deadlines
- Conduct desk research on donor rules and acceptable costing methodologies for potential opportunities.
- Prepare supporting documentation for long- and short-term cost proposal submissions, including certifications and company’s financial information
Post Award Grants and Contracts Management:
- Coordinates reviews of program and financial reports for all eHA projects. Ensures accurate and timely donor reporting of the financial and project activity of each project as per contract terms/Provide quality control of internal and external reports.
- Oversee preparation, coordination, and facilitation of project start up and close out processes from Grants lifecycle management perspective.
- Prepares financial reports for grants and contracts close out of all awards
- Assist Sn Manager in org-wide version of budget, pipelines, revenue plans and forecast in coordination with project teams.
- Supports Grants manager with the management of post sub-award processes including review of all partner financial documents/reports BvAs, review and approval of advances and liquidations, asset and inventory management including transfer of expendable and non-expendable supplies and equipment at the end of the project.
- Monitor and report to Grants Manager about implementation and performance issues of program sub awards in coordination with the program and Project support unit team.
- Support Grants Manager in the full cycle of subaward including solicitation, pre-award, award, monitoring, and compliance, reporting and close-out.
- Assist Sn Manager in managing the request for proposal (RFP) process for subawards, which includes: finalizing scope of work, issuing invitation for bids, requests for proposals, reviewing vendor proposals for alignment with RFP(s), making recommendations to Exec Sponsor on organization selection, negotiating terms and conditions, and executing final agreements.
- Support Grants Manager in preparing the subaward memorandum and negotiation memorandum in collaboration with the programs team.
- Ensure contract terms, conditions of solicitation, evaluation team recommendations and subcontract agreements are aligned. Ensures contract final terms and conditions meet eHA’s policies and procedures requirements.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follow through on commitments.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who You Are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Master’s Degree from a College or University in Finance and Accounting or any other related field.
- four to six (4 – 6) years of broad financial experience, ideally supporting proposal budget development teams and grants management offices for complex global nonprofit organization with multiple funding sources, including the US government, other country governments, the European Union, UN, and foundations.
- Proficient with Oracle, SAGE, SAP, QuickBooks or other accounting software packages.
- Good knowledge of financial management and accounting and budget holding principles.
- Experience in developing budgets and financial reports (including for donors), strategic planning, and providing guidance and support to non-finance staff.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess good problem-solving skills.
- Grant lifecycle Management Skill is an advantage
- Must have methodical thinking approach
- Proficiency in interpreting financial and accounting reports
- Proficiency in the use of MS-office tools i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint using PowerPoint to make presentations.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive team player
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the types of development and humanitarian programs eHA conducts.
- A change agent with the ability to bring about change in a global decentralized organization; create and implement actionable plans to develop new processes and structures aligned with strategic objectives; engage fellow team members across borders and functions behind a shared vision.
- Collaborative and flexible management style, persuasive and diplomatic in effecting change in a global, multi-site, field/affiliate environment.
- Effective and clear communicator at all levels of an organization; strong presentation, oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
- Strong work ethic, customer service orientation and willingness to roll-up sleeves when necessary; strive for continuous improvement.
- Willingness to travel to countries where eHA operates.
Certifications and Licenses:
- ACCA, CFA, ACA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent is desired.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
eHA Gender Diversity Statement:
- At eHealth Africa, diversity is integral to who we are. We value and honor diverse backgrounds and experiences, strive to create inclusive and equitable working environments that promote Learning, Fairness and Opportunities for all.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- We believe strongly in our mission and values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
Impact & Quality:
- We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small.
Innovative Problem Solving:
- We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
- We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy.
- We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.
- Job City Abuja