Job Title: Associate, MLE, South-South Zone, Nigeria
Employment Status: Full time
Application Closing Date: 10th February 2022
The Associate, MLE is a member of the Monitoring Learning and Evaluation Department and is responsible for supporting all Evidence Action’s Monitoring and Evaluation activities in Nigeria. This is an exciting position that involves supporting the state with treatment data management, independent monitoring data collection, training of data collection teams, management of stakeholder relationships and implementing quality assurance and quality control measures during data collection and management.
Duties and responsibilities
Data Collection and Vendor management
▪ Support the sourcing for vendors to provide data collection service to Evidence Action in Nigeria
▪ Monitor and support vendors contracted to perform data collection on behalf of Evidence Action.
▪ Support verifying and validating data collected by data collection vendors and state through field visits, data reviews and checks (e.g. data validation, infield supervision and back checks)
Liaison person between MLE and Program, Government and Partners
▪ Represent MLE in program meetings with partners and government (at the supported states) where MLE presence is needed.
▪ Support state program planning and review meetings with M&E related tasks and ensure data is correctly captured, collected, documented, and available for planning and implementation.
▪ Fully understanding program needs for data and translating that back to the necessary MLE delivery team/members for necessary action.
▪ Collaborate with the MLE delivery teams to ensure unified understanding of DTW Nigeria data needs and that the delivery team deliver program needs on time.
Training and Field Monitoring
▪ Support the training of monitors from the independent monitoring firm on data collection protocols before data collection
▪ Support training of government officials on data collection tools and data management.
▪ Support and supervise data collection teams during monitoring data collection and treatment data collection
Data Reporting (IM data & Treatment data)
▪ Support state data reporting team to submit accurate and timely treatment data to partners and national program after each treatment round
▪ Support state NTD programs transition to DHIS II reporting
▪ Support EAs DHIS II data management process
▪ Support the IM firm to submit timely and accurate reports on field monitoring activities conducted to Evidence Action
▪ Manage data verification exercise in supported states after treatment reporting
▪ Accurately and timely raise issues/suggestion/areas of concerns around process monitoring
▪ Perform any other monitoring, evaluation and learning duties as may be required and assigned
● Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with strong economics, statistics, or mathematics; postgraduate degree will be an added advantage.
● 4+ years of program M&E experience in Nigeria specifically related to public health programs.
● Strong technical skills and capacity, with at least 2 year of practical experience managing and working directly with large teams for data collection;
● Strong IT skills related to data management using data collection platforms and software such as Spreadsheets, CSPro, Cluvio, Survey CTO etc
● Cogent experience using DHIS II for reporting and analysing health-related program data
● Strong data management and reporting skills
● Excellent team management, presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
● Willing to travel across states on short notice, to multi-task, and to respond to instructions from multiple source.
● Naturally inquisitive, detail-oriented and organized;
This position will require very frequent travel across program implementation states especially in the South-South.
Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should;