UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is recruiting an Associate Outbound Marketing Officer – UNOPS IICA-1 position within the Digital Engagement Service, Division of External Relations.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women, and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 125 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions of people.
Established in December 1950, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. For more than six decades, UNHCR’s work has helped over 50 million refugees restart their lives. UNHCR teams are in the field in over 125 countries, using their expertise to protect and care for nearly 65 million people who have been forced to flee their homes.
Title: Associate Outbound Marketing Officer
Duty Station: Home-based
Duration: 1 March – 31 December 2022
Contract Type: UNOPS International Specialist, Level IICA – 1 (UNOPS Local ICA Specialist, Level LICA-9)
Closing date: 28th February 2022
This role will operate within the Digital Marketing, Data, and Analysis Team (DMDA) which is part of the Supporter Engagement Section (SES), which sits in the Private Sector Partnerships (PSP).One of the core objectives of this team is: to help the organization to accelerate supporter engagement and audience growth and contribute to the One-Billion-dollar strategy, which consists in raising $1 billion from the private sector each year by 2025 and engaging with 25 million people in support of the refugee cause.
UNHCR has a substantial investment program to recruit new individual donors (acquisition programs) and engage with them to maximize ongoing support (donor development programs) and meet ambitious annual and long-term targets. Developing data-driven fundraising reporting solutions and analysis is key to monitoring results against targets and identify opportunities/issues that UNHCR should focus on at a national and global level to maximize the long-term net income from individual donors.
The Digital Marketing, Data and Analysis Team (DMDA) supports with digital, and data marketing expertise specifically to support PSP fundraising markets globally, internal HQ teams and non-fundraising teams across the organization. It ensures each audience is delivered a high-quality engagement experience that helps each business unit within UNHCR meet its objectives (fundraising, advocacy, awareness). DMDA currently manage global marketing automation platform/s used to send outbound emails, SMS and push communications audiences into the Facebook Business platform. We’re extending the usage of automated marketing platforms to send WhatsApp communication and push audiences into Google Customer Match audience. Our current stakeholders include Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) local fundraising offices, Global Communication and regional/country office teams, and other divisions worldwide.
Purpose and Scope
Under the supervision of Digital Marketing Automation Officer, the Associate Outbound Marketing Officer will primarily focus on supporting the management of Outbound Marketing Platforms and WhatsApp Platform. Moreover, Digital Marketing Team is looking to procure a new outbound marketing platform to be used by the non-PSP units due to their simple requirements in terms of email outreach programs. This role should fully manage the migration process of the non-PSP markets from the current outbound marketing platform to the new one under the supervision of the Digital Marketing Automation Officer.
This role requires technical expertise and project management skills to (1) support trouble shooting, (2) ensuring new features are incorporated and working optimally, (3) onboarding and support new and existing users, (4) providing trainings to build users’ capacities to fully utilize the different platforms with the best practices. The role will support both experienced and non-experienced stakeholders in the use of the platforms.
In particular, the incumbent will assist **on the following:
Duties and responsibilities
Support and Best Practice:
• Offering ongoing technical support and strategic support on email templates, custom multichannel journeys, automation development, audience selection/segmentation building, data synchronization and troubleshooting, email deliverability.
• Building, growing, documenting, and sharing technical and tactical best practice knowledge of the platforms across different users.
• Translate, design, and build donor and supporter journeys into concrete multichannel journeys and automation.
• Support managing and tracking the usage of the SMS channel (administrating, setup, monitor the budgets, etc.)
• Support managing the WhatsApp platform (administrating, setup, monitor the budget, etc.).
• Manage the WhatsApp third party tool to keep enabling the different donor care team to communicate and reply to conversation with the donor/supporters.
Onboarding and support for the non-PSP units:
• Providing guidance to each non-PSP unit through the onboarding process – answering any questions about the onboarding plans
• Planning the onboarding schedule for each non-PSP unit
• Tracking the time and project plans to successfully delivery this project.
• Holding onboarding meetings with each non-PSP unit going through the setup process
• Implementing the onboarding process for each non-PSP based on the agreed plan with the digital marketing officer, which is consist of building email templates, managing audiences, building segments (whenever is needed), data synchronization and troubleshooting, monitoring email deliverability.
• Overseeing and managing the configuration account setup and administration of the outbound marketing platform.
• Running short training sessions for the different users that shows the “How to” use the outbound platform.
• Creating reusable training materials and user guides over the SharePoint site that ultimately remove the need for live training sessions.
• Being the first responder for any support requests raised by non-PSP units.
• Supporting in overseeing and managing the configuration account setup and administration of the existing automated marketing instances, any additional outbound marketing platform and outbound communication systems such as WhatsApp and SMS service providers.
• Monitoring and troubleshoot any technical issues with the non-PSP outbound marketing platform
• Review, make recommendations, implement, test, and roll out new features and functionalities
Reporting and Analysis:
• Analyzing, generating, and presenting regular reports focusing on outbound marketing communication results, marketing campaigns and programs and providing suggestions and recommendations for improvements.
• Develop and provide regular verbal and written reports on key outbound marketing KPI’s
• Any other related duties as required
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• University degree (BA) -preferably in Digital Marketing, Marketing, Advertising, Computer Science, Mass Communications, or related fields of study.
• Minimum 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree. Agency and international experience is highly desirable
• Experience working with automated marketing platforms including onboarding process, technical setup, Integration, data mapping and data modelling, building and sending emails and automated journeys would be an asset.
• Experience working with SMS as mass communication
• Experience working with WhatsApp platform as an inbound and outbound communication channel.
• Experience with digital engagement, fundraising and supporter growth tactics.
• Experience as a technical trainer and presentation skills.
• Proven knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects.
• Proven experience and technical ability to manage, advise and support the execution of an extensive email marketing programme, including multiple automation
• Experience providing technical support to multiple stakeholders worldwide via ticketing platforms.
• Experience working in or for large global decentralized organizations with multiple stakeholders, diverse cultures and levels of digital marketing maturity
Essential Technical and Cross-functional Competencies:
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, Google marketing platform suite (Search ads 360), Google Analytics, with proven certifications from key platforms (required)
• A solid understanding and experience with outbound marketing platforms. Experience with Selligent Marketing Cloud and Campaign Monitor (desirable).
• A solid understanding and experience with WhatsApp marketing platforms. (desirable)
• Detailed understanding of data and list segmentation, knowledge of database processes (required)
• SQL queries are an asset. (desirable)
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships (required)
• A proven experience with online audience and managing un/subscription lists. (required)
• HTML skills and experience with HTML editor and image editor tools (Dreamweaver and Photoshop) (required).
• Knowledge of email best practices, testing methodologies, CAN-SPAM laws, and data protection regulations. (required)
• In-depth understanding of digital customer decision journeys. (required)
• Innovation and creativity, including strategizing and productizing on using new technologies and market trends to develop a brand’s awareness and supporter base. (desirable)
• Ability to assess, create and deliver bespoke training workshops/modules (required)
• Very strong project management and organizational skills (required)
• Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills (required)
• Strong interest in digital marketing (required)
• A flexible and outgoing team player with a service-oriented attitude (required)•Excellent attention to detail (required)
• Strong analytical, organizational, and multitasking skills (required)
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal) in English (required)
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively (required)
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships (required)
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written (required)
• Working knowledge of French or other UN languages is an asset (desirable)
Location and Conditions
The successful candidate will be based home-based.
This position is initially up to the end of the year with possibility of extension. It is a full-time role starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
How to apply
To learn more and apply, please visit https://bit.ly/34i2LYs
Closing date for the receipt of applications: 28th February 2022, midnight (Copenhagen time)
Vacancy Notice issued: 21 January 2022
The remuneration level and the applicable entitlements and benefits may be different based on the residence of the most suitable selected candidate.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).