Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-profit organization committed to creating opportunities for young people’s successful transition to productive adulthood. Since its establishment in 1989, AHI has served as an advocate and catalyst for creating better life options for young people in Nigeria. By working in partnership with local and international donors, AHI has helped to bring young people issues into the public domain and gotten state governments and the Federal government to take a stand in support thereof. AHI is actively involved in responding to the humanitarian crisis in North Eastern Nigeria, focusing on reducing gender-based violence, providing essential life-saving health services to survivors, young girls and women.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit & Compliance Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assist the Audit & Compliance Manager in implementing the internal audit plan
- Conduct checks to verify compliance with the organisation’s policies and procedures, and external (regulatory) requirements by all departments
- Identify and document operational/process issues, internal control deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Document audit findings into audit report format as the audit assignment progresses
- Ensure AHI complies with Donor financial reporting requirements and AHI’s Accounting Policies and Procedure Manual.
- Participate in procurement process as an independent observer to ensure compliance with the relevant policies and procedures
- Ensure timely completion of assignments including communication of status to Manager
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time by the Audit & Compliance Manager.
- HND / B.Sc in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 (two) years experience in Audit and Compliance functions for mid-sized organization or Audit Firm
- Proficiency in computer applications to include MS Office: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of QuickBooks Accounting Software
- Good knowledge of Nigerian Financial Regulations and Tax Laws
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet manner
- High level personal integrity and honesty
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadline.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Their Full Names as the subject of the email.
- AHI is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Senior Procurement and Logistics Assistant at International Organization for Migration
- Inter – Regional Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Officer at Jesuit Refugee Service
- Finance Assistant -Garowe – G5 – LICA Modality contract at World Health Organization
- Study On Green Business, Green Jobs & Green Skills For Leather In Kenya And Cotton & Textile In Ethiopia
- Knowledge Management Specialist-(Proposal Recruitment) at Save the Children