The French Red Cross (FRC) aims to prevent and alleviate all forms of suffering. In France, it leads and initiates solidarity actions, child protection, fight against loneliness of seniors and against violence. As an auxiliary to the public authorities, the French Red Cross intervenes during natural disasters and exceptional situations. Internationally, the CRF works in 24 countries alongside National Societies, primarily in the areas of disaster risk management (DRM) and health.
CRF intervention in the zone
South Kivu province is affected by a variety of sudden, recurrent and prolonged humanitarian shocks that are due to structural and security factors as well as natural disasters and epidemics. Today, CRF has a coordination office in Kinshasa and a sub-delegation in Bukavu, which opened in 2022 and oversees a base in Uvira (South Kivu). The projects carried out in Uvira are:
– An ongoing Project to prevent the outbreak of waterborne diseases and limit their spread financed by CDCS and AFD, for a total amount of 800,000 euros. This project started in September 2022. (see details below), and its completion is expected in August 2022. A Project, submitted and expected to start in May 2022, under the cover of signature, within the framework of the Programmatic Partnership Programme (PPP) between the Red Cross Movement and DG Echo, which aims to accelerate local action in humanitarian and health crises in the city of Uvira.
Location of the Post
The city of Uvira, located in the territory of the same name in the South of the Province of South Kivu (East of the DRC), is an agglomeration located between the Mitumba mountain ranges and Lake Tanganyika. The South Kivu region is one of the provinces most affected by the activity of armed groups, military operations and recurrent inter- and intra-community conflicts. In such a context, the operations carried out by the CRF in eastern DRC, including South Kivu, are subject to an agreement signed with the ICRC, which draws up the security rules that govern them. Given the security conditions, it is not possible to come accompanied.
Position Responsibilities :
Under the authority of the Head of Base in Uvira, the Logistics Administrator is responsible for:
● Ensuring the implementation of the procurement and logistics strategy in line with the delegation’s orientations;
● Manage the logistics team of the base;
● Ensure the application of the CRf’s purchasing and logistics procedures as defined in the MOPI ;
● Participate in the security watch and ensure the implementation of rules related to the security and safety of goods, data and people at the base level.
A – Planning of logistics activities
B – Purchasing and procurement of goods, services and works
C – Inventory management
D – Organization of transportation
E – Management and maintenance of the motor pool
F – Equipment monitoring
G – IT and telecommunication means
H – Infrastructure management
I – Safety and security
J – Capitalization and reporting
K – Management of logistics teams
Hierarchical and functional links :
Hierarchical link: The Base Logistician works under the hierarchical responsibility of the Head of the Uvira base. The team for which he/she is responsible is composed of: a Logistics Assistant, three guards and 5 drivers. Functional links: ● Base Logistician and his/her deputy at the Bukavu sub-delegation;
● Technical referent of the headquarters
Candidate Profile Diploma/Level of Study:
– Training in logistics (Bioforce type or bachelor’s level in logistics).
– At least 2 years of experience in a logistics management department ;
– Experience working with the RC/RC Movement would be a plus;
– Experience working in a challenging environment:
– Previous experience in Eastern DRC would be appreciated ;
– Mastery of the Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Internet.
– Knowledge of AFD, CDCS and ECHO donor procedures;
– Good knowledge of purchasing procedures, stock management, management of a fleet of vehicles
– Good organizational skills and ability to manage priorities.
– Have skills in technical and financial project management.
– Have a good quality of expression and writing.
– Have a good analytical mind and synthesis.
– Have good interpersonal skills and be able to work in a team.
– Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment.
– Demonstrate patience, pedagogy, diplomacy and adaptability.
– Respect the principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement: humanity, neutrality, unity, universality, impartiality, volunteerism, independence.
– Perfect command of the French language, both written and spoken.
– Knowledge of the specificities of the intervention of the national societies of the Red Cross and Red Crescent movement.
You want to join a large association that works daily with vulnerable people!
You are looking for meaning and wish to develop yourself within a company that is committed to its values.
You give importance to the principles and values defended and carried by the French Red Cross (Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity, Universality)
Then join us !
- Job City Uvira