About the job
The Bid Writing Manager is expected to lead, manage, and coordinate the pursuit of new opportunities and submission of high quality and successful bids. The Bid Writing Manager may also be expected to support and oversee the implementation of awarded projects until their successful completion. Your main responsibilities would include:
1. Bid Management
- Supporting and leading the management of bids and proposals from identification through to submission
- Identification and recruitment of qualified consultants and partners matching the Terms of Reference requirements
- Offer guidance and support to the bid team members throughout the tender process
- Compiling company project references to showcase NIRAS’s technical capacities
- Developing strategic partnerships and consortium arrangements on bids
- Administration of internal tools for managing bids pipeline and experts’ database
- Documenting lessons learnt for incorporating in future bids
- Updating the pipeline with the status of bids
2. Bid Analysis, Elaboration and Writing
- Leading in analyzing tender dossiers/ client request
- Lead in conducting tender workshops and formulating win themes
- Lead in elaborating/ composing responses to client including request for clarifications
- Leading and/or assisting in the technical writing of relevant bids (approach and methodology)
- Support development of proposal budgets and corresponding commercial pro-forms and narratives
You may also be expected to carry out other tasks not specified above, but which may be part of your role as it evolves.
To be a preferred candidate, we would like you to hold the following:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in an academic area relevant to NIRAS’ work area (e.g., international relations, economics, business administration, environmental studies, social sciences, engineering, entrepreneurship).
- 3 years or more of relevant work experience in the international development consulting sector in Kenya and/or in the region; preferably in NIRAS’ core sectors including but not limited to natural resources management, environment, climate change, private sector development, agriculture, gender and social inclusion, water and urban development, institutional development, MEL.
- Solid experience in preparing competitive bids for international development partners (EU, GIZ/KfW, World Bank, FCDO, UN, USAID, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience as proposal writer will be considered a significant asset.
- Outstanding written and oral English language skills.
- Strong business acumen and understanding of financial performance, with a growth mindset and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Outstanding attitude and good work ethic, accustomed to working under pressure towards tight deadlines: and
- A 100% team player, with demonstrated ability to work autonomously and taking initiative with success.
The right candidate will furthermore possess the problem-solving skills necessary to manage emerging challenges and be able to think on their feet. We expect to find someone with a genuine interest in development consulting, and with a positive and open-minded work approach.
Let’s talk about the possibilities
You will become part of a multinational corporation with more than 2,400 employees distributed across projects in more than 100 countries. As part of the Development Consulting unit, you will gain valuable international experience and a chance to work alongside some of NIRAS’ top experts. NIRAS is a company that strives to contribute to the UNs 17 Sustainable Development Goals in all our endeavors.
How to apply
If this sounds like a job for you, please submit your application CV, and 3 referees to JUKI@niras.com by 27th September 2021. We will consider any applicant with the appropriate skills equally, irrespective of their background. Early applications are preferred. We look forward to hearing from you.