At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a strategic and entrepreneurial Bilateral Funding Lead to support IREX’s funding diversification agenda. The position will support IREX’s work cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information. The Bilateral Funding Lead will, as part of IREX’s New Business development Unit (NBDU) work to expand IREX’s current portfolio of collaborative partnerships and programs designed and carried out with support of non-US bilateral and multilateral donors including UK FCDO, Global Affairs Canada, GIZ, SIDA, DANIDA, and NORAD, among others. The position will support global new business efforts with a special focus on East Africa and will ideally be based in Nairobi, Kenya. Locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Your Background and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience including new business development for donor funded initiatives
- Strong familiarity with bilateral donors such as FCDO, FCO, GAC, SIDA, and their procurement systems
- Experience designing and writing winning proposals for donor funded projects
- Ability to establish and negotiate partnerships in diverse settings
- Technical expertise in one or more of IREX’s practice areas
- Ability to improve business development processes and
- Fluent, professional, written and spoken English required; other languages encouraged
Your Daily Tasks
- Lead IREX’s institutional efforts to increase familiarity with governmental, non-USG donors, their priorities, and their procurement systems
- Lead efforts to bolster IREX’s business processes and increase capacity to respond to non-USG proposals
- Design and write technical narratives, concepts, expressions of interest, and other documents in support of donor proposal submissions
- Help to increase IREX’s visibility with identified donors
- Track funding trends and intelligence to inform new business development strategy
- Develop and manage relationships with critical partners and donors.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled