15 APRIL 2022
A quick overview
What we do
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
As a Finance & Administration Manager in the field, you oversee all financial resources and administrative aspects of the ICRC structure (delegation, sub-delegation). As its “administrative backbone”, you play a vital role in ensuring that the office(s) are run in an efficient manner thereby contributing to the smooth implementation of ICRC’s humanitarian operations.
Accounting / Financial Controlling
• You are accountable for the integrity of the financial and analytical accounting and reporting in the field, which includes the supervision of the accounts department, and participation in the preparation and of the annual budget and its implementation with regular forecasting and risk reporting
• This entails a permanent assessment of the financial situation (including treasury) of the office / country organization and are expected to act as advisor on all financial / economic affairs to the humanitarian project teams regarding efficiency of spending, cost-control and analysis of budget deviations, project controlling; measures needed to respond to changes in the operating context and providing finance training & coaching to department coordinators & management team members as required.
• You apply institutional guidelines and policies to the local context and ensure adherence to them. You ensure control mechanisms are in place with the purpose of identifying and mitigating potential financial and other risks and uphold ethical standards at all times.
• You act as co-signatory and finance interface for both authorities and commercial parties (suppliers, banks etc.)
• As the internal focal point for finance-related compliance matters, you are expected to steer the implementation / alignment of all activities related to ICRC’s Compliance programs/requirements.
- You oversee the day-to-day management of offices & operational premises, maintain an adequate maintenance and passive security setup adapted to provide adequate working conditions to all staff members and up to standard living condition for mobile staff members
- You supervise the internal travel/hospitality desk, in charge of international and domestic travel arrangements, visas, accreditations and visitor accommodation.
• On a sub-office level, in close coordination with the country HR Manager, the F&A Manager acts as HR- responsible for staff members under local contract and ensures traditional activities along the HR-cycle are carried out correctly.
Desired profile and qualifications
- 3 years’ confirmed practical experience in finance, controlling or general management (including hospitality or premises), including at least 1 year in financial accounting/controlling;
- University degree in business administration (equivalent to a bachelor degree) in finance/accounting or hospitality management (eventually human resources);
- Experience as a volunteer and/or with a humanitarian/development organization, ideally internationally;
- Diploma in accounting (CPA/CMA or similar) / internal audit (CIA or similar) an asset;
- Bilingual in English and French is a MUST, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic would be an asset.
- Computer and ERPs literacy;
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work!
- Able to work under pressure in a potentially dangerous environment !
Our operational & field constraints
- In line with the principle of neutrality, the ICRC does not assign personnel to a country of which they are nationals;
- Candidates must be in good health and will have to do a medical check-up prior to departure in the field;
- Candidates must possess a driving license (for manual transmission vehicles);
- Candidates must be prepared to accept unaccompanied postings (i.e. no spouse, partner, children or dependents) for a minimum of 24 months;
- Candidates must accept to live in remote areas with limited conditions of living and within volatile environments;
- Candidates are willing to be deployed according to ICRC’s needs and priorities.
What we offer
We offer a variety of attractive benefits:
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment;
- A competitive employment package with attractive social benefits: a salary paid on thirteen months, an open-ended contract with a minimum assignment of 12 months; a competitive pension plan; medical and accident cover etc.;
- Annual paid leave: 20–27.5 days;
- Accommodation provided and paid by ICRC;
- One paid return ticket home every year;
- ICRC staff integration course; opportunities for further in-house training and career opportunities with ICRC;
- All assignments are categorized into four levels of hardship, some of which are compensated with financial incentives and extra leave.
- The opportunity to join our talent pool and be considered for future assignments elsewhere
Please not that if selected, you will not be hired by ICRC until we offer you a specific mission/assignment.
How to join
Ready to apply? You will need to upload your resume and a cover letter in English, as well as copies of your diplomas and certifications, passport and driving license. To apply for this opportunity, please click on the “Apply” button below and create/sign in to your account!
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE : 15/04/2022
How to apply
Please apply here: https://bit.ly/3sXZ1F8