The Cadasta Foundation provides web and mobile GIS technology and training to help marginalized communities and individuals document their land, property, and resource rights. We are seeking a Business Development (BD) Officer to support our organizational growth strategy.
The BD Assistant will support proposal efforts across Cadasta’s country programs and at the global level.The BD Assistant will play a key role in proposal design and management. They will work as a key member of the BD team to track, prepare and submit concept papers and proposals for US Government (USAID and CDC), non-US Government, bilateral, multilateral, and private funding opportunities. They will also lead day-to-day management of tracking fundraising progress and specific initiatives.
The BD Assistant will work with the Business Development and Executive teams.
- The position will be full-time.
- Salaries are commensurate with experience and based on pay grades that prioritize equity across the organization.
- Coordinate closely with BD Director and other staff to meet or exceed annual fundraising goals.
- Support the proposal development process from capture planning to proposal development and submission. This includes opportunity analysis, calendaring, outlining, requirements analyses, partner negotiations, recruitment, preparing supporting documents, writing sections of technical narrative and budget development.
- Support efforts to gather and analyze intelligence regarding upcoming new business opportunities and prepare the Foundation to successfully respond to solicitations.
- Maintain multiple BD status trackers across customer relationship management platforms (i.e. Insightly).
- As needed, analyze and lead the “go”/”no go” process for new funding opportunities across multiple funding sources.
- Track trends in donor funding and shifts in donor priorities.
- Prepare a variety of public and private correspondence, reports, and documentation, and tracking/follow up as necessary. Prepare materials for prospects, donors, and Board members.
- Provide other BD support as requested.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- College degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field with at least one year of relevant experience.
- Extremely strong writing, reading, and research skills in English.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented, strong interpersonal skills, including interacting with people with a wide range of political and social views
- Ability to work independently, remotely, and as part of a global team.
- Exceptional research, analysis, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Comfort and demonstrated success with collaborating in and across project teams.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Other languages are a plus.
- Skilled in establishing trusted partnerships throughout the organization; maintaining and managing highly-confidential information; using expert judgment when dealing with internal and external constituents.
- Superb attention to detail, balanced against consistent production of timely, error-free work
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong capability to take on additional tasks when required, work independently with limited supervision, and coordinate the efforts of other professionals to effectively to meet objectives in a timely manner
- Experience with individual, planned, or other philanthropic giving a plus **
How to apply
Please apply via this link: https://cadasta.breezy.hr/p/2f54cba884c7-business-development-assistant