Jouri Consulting (Jouri) is an independent research and consultancy firm registered in Switzerland and Turkey with a presence in the Middle East through staff and partner organizations.
Jouri is currently recruiting a Business Development Manager to lead and manage our business development unit. This is a critical role in our firm, serving to sustain our solid performance, and both maintain and expand our client base. The Business Development Manager reports to the managing partner and works closely with senior team members in developing and implementing our Business Development strategy and operational plan.
· Closing date for applications: 5th Sep 2021. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
· Contract period is six months with the possibility for extension. The contract includes a probation period of three months.
The BDM will be responsible for overseeing Jouri’s MENA pipeline and supporting strategy development, account management, consultant management and marketing and communication.
- Facilitating development of the Business Development strategy and operational plan for the firm
- Managing all aspects of the bidding process (technical and financial tenders in coordination with the commercial lead).
- Coordinating and implementing the preparation and submission of key proposals.
- Collaborating with Head of MEAL, Founding Director and the managing partner to drive the opportunity pipeline, including identifying bidding opportunities and advising on Go/No-Go decisions
- Monitoring and guiding the bidding process and strategy for success.
- Expanding our network and marketing our firm to secure external partnerships and associates.
- Coordinating the work of the Business Development team (both internal and external resources)
- Maintaining and continually enhancing our proposal processes, systems, tools
- Support the firm in determining strategic directions and identifying priority opportunities and countries.
- Research and identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products, and services – or new ways of reaching existing markets.
- Serve as a resource for executive leadership for developing practice areas and strategy, relationship management, SOPs, staff capacity building, and client diversification.
- Strategic Leadership and People Management.
- Build relationships with clients and with potential partner organizations.
- Assist in marketing and public relations efforts to promote company services and capabilities to current and potential clients, partners, and consultants.
- Attend seminars, conferences, and events where appropriate, and meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
Qualifications and Experience
· At least 6 years working in business development, preferably within a development consultancy organization, facilitating the development of business development strategy, overseeing the preparations of technical and financial business tenders
· Comprehensive experience in designing and implementing projects relating to humanitarian interventions with strong experience in business development for opportunities related to third-party monitoring and external evaluations for interventions implemented by humanitarian actors and programmed supported by the EU and other donors.
· Excellent understanding of the international development landscape, including knowledge of the business/procurement processes of at least one client system (International Financial Institutions, UN agencies, bilateral agencies, other)
· Clear and concise writing style in English; and in other official languages of the UN is desirable
· Excellent organization skills with strong attention to detail
· Ability to manage and work in a team, including working with staff and partners from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
· Time management skills and an ability to prioritize in times of heavy workload
· Excellent IT skills, including high level of competence with Microsoft Office
· An understanding of the planning, budgeting, and execution needs of research, monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning and capacity building projects
· Post-graduate degree and academic credentials or equivalent experience.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please use the link to upload your cover letter and C.V. Please ensure that your documents are titled with your first name only.
Jouri is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by international data protection laws.