PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing heath challenges.
PATH is recruiting for a Business Development Officer (BDO) to support PATH’s business development and partnerships efforts in Ghana and West-Africa with multiple donors, including the United States government (USAID, etc.), European and other governments, foundations, and the private sector. This position will focus on developing new business intelligence, positioning, and proposal development, requiring both strategic and tactical direction and support.
This position is pivotal to developing sound, responsive and compelling bids. Partnering with the PATH Ghana office, the PATH West Africa Regional Hub in Senegal, PATH countries in other West Africa, PATH global technical programs, the PATH PD team, and others across the organization, the BDO will be in the center of the work, able to affect the direction of key opportunities. They will work both internally across the organization as well as externally with donors and partners. Duties may require domestic and regional travel, when safe to do so, and a flexible work schedule to permit early morning or late evening calls or assignments.
- Build close relationships with the PATH country team in Ghana, the PATH West Africa Regional Hub in Senegal, the PD Team, and other country and global technical programs as assigned and ensure delivery of the full life cycle of business development services, from pipeline development to strategic guidance for positioning to proposal management.
- Develop longer-range business plans with the Ghana team.
- Strategize for and conduct discussions with potential donors and partners on new business opportunities.
- Represent the Ghana programs and PATH in business development efforts, including with donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Network and share information on PATH’s country, regional, and global technical work to build our organizational reputation and brand in the region.
- Provide guidance and support in business intelligence gathering and developing and implementing positioning plans.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for bid decisions.
- Acquire approval of needed resources to pursue bids.
- Manage prime and sub bids for USAID and other donor opportunities from positioning through active proposal development.
- Ensure proposal quality and compliance with PATH and donor requirements; engage leadership to resolve issues.
- Draft and/or review proposal sections as relevant.
- Use Salesforce to capture information on donors, partners, and opportunities.
- Support business development training programs.
- Master’s degree in international development or a related field
- A combination of experience will be considered: minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in global health, international development, or related field, with a minimum of three years directly in business development.
- Strong experience in positioning and proposal development for a wide range of donors including US Government (e.g., USAID), as well as for European donors, private foundations, and corporations.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills across the business development continuum from trend analysis and strategy development through proposal development, production, compliance, and delivery.
- Demonstrated knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and processes, and demonstrated experience leading positioning and proposal teams of technical and operations staff, as well as external partners.
- Excellent organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Ability to sustain productive and collegial relationships with PATH colleagues and external partners and donors.
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- English language fluency required.
- Experience in global health a plus.
- Experience with SharePoint and Salesforce a plus
- Ability to travel domestically and regionally when deemed appropriate and safe.
Must have legal authorization to work in Ghana.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised:
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org or @silkroad.com address
Please report any suspicious communications to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please, click here to apply: https://bit.ly/3JDMn5E
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Manager, Emergency Response and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) at Concern Worldwide
- Program Manager – Somali Nationals only at Secours Islamique France
- Coordinateur/trice des Finances Pays – CAR at INTERSOS
- Human Resources and Administration Manager at Nuru Nigeria
- Field Support Assistant at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)