Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Specialist – Recruitment / Relationship Management
Job Code: 6952
Location: Abuja, with possible travel to other work locations in Nigeria
Reports to: Associate Director, Head of Business Development
Role / Responsibilities
- The BD Specialist will work on DAI’s new business efforts in Nigeria through a mix of regular and on-demand tasks.
- S/He will lead in the identification and recruitment of consultants/ project team for business development proposals.
- Under the guidance of the Head of BD, the Specialist will work closely with staff engaged in new business to win new business for the Operating Platform, as well as respond to requests supports from DAI business units in other parts of the world.
Specific tasks include the following:
- Facilitate winning new business in Nigeria and other business units. Related subtasks include:
- Lead and manage the development of local proposals across market segments – donor, foundation, private sector and GON
- Develop and recommendation of short-term and long-term strategies for business expansion through identifying new business
- Lead complex recruitment assignments that require creative applications of knowledge to specific recruitment challenges
- Source appropriate candidates through internal and external networks, industry events, DAI’s internal recruitment database and online electronic resources
- Negotiate candidate salaries, benefits, and allowances in compliance with donor, company and project requirements
- Cultivate strong relationships with potential clients, while maintaining existing client relationships.
- Proactively track and engage with market segments to identify business opportunities
- Facilitate recruitment decision-making by the business development team to meet the deadlines
- Follow standardized processes to screen and select the best candidates, ensuring compliance with all governmental and client employment specifications
- Ensure that all staffing documentation submitted with proposals complies with donor specifications (including letters of commitment, references, due diligence, and other proposal documents)
- Re-write candidates’ CVs to address qualifications required for roles specified in proposals; provide other writing inputs to proposals, as needed.
- Undertake billable project work when the opportunity arises.
- Other duties as specified by the Head of Business Development and other assigned authorities.
Minimum Requirements and Person Specification
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the position:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree with 5 – 7 years of work experience in relevant areas to include: relationship management, recruitment, proposal development, research & analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in business development in the development sector, inclusive of proposal development for donor organisations -USAID, FCDO, EU, World Bank – International Foundations and Nigerian Government.
- Proven capacity for research and analysis
- Excellent writing, facilitation, and inter-personal skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Job City Abuja