About the Job
Buyer 1 supports the procurement process in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations.
This is a national/resident position based in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
§ Overall responsible for procurement files for transport related to Fleet rental and the vehicles movements
§ Monitors contracts, frame agreements expenditure; follows-up on their validity and prepares extensions where applicable
§ Follows up on invoices received for payment; compiles and reconciles suppliers’ invoices against purchasing documentation
§ Monitors prepayment requests and keeps track of related delivery status
§ Follows up on purchases, deliveries and checks that they comply with specifications and contract details
§ Conducts purchase-payment reconciliation and their settlement with Finance
§ Resolves transactional problems with financial services and suppliers
§ Drafts requests for tenders/quotations, selection tables, frame agreements and contracts and submits to the Line Manager for review.
§ Creates and maintains suppliers and product files and databases
§ Maintains proper Purchase Order files and ensures that all relevant documents are filed accordingly as per the filing system
§ Follows the delivery schedule of the services as per terms in the purchase contract / frame agreement and applies delay penalty where necessary
§ Ensures that relevant copies of contracts are distributed to different sites
§ Reports any problems/issue in relations to purchases, quality, price and highlights any unusual requests
§ Completes his/her files and submits in “Paper Less Profiles” for Country Procurement Manager validation – he/she is the custodian of the file and responds timely to the comment/s from reviewer
§ Promotes adherence to the logistical practice principles and compliance to the ICRC procedures.
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
· Degree in Logistics & Procurement Management, Warehousing, Purchasing & Supply Management, or equivalent qualification in a related field of study
· 3 years’ experience in Logistics or Procurement
· Good knowledge of and experience with financial rules, procurement procedures and supplier management
· Good knowledge of the local market(s)
· Excellent command of written and spoken English
· Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
· A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 1st October 2021. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message. **
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to *email@example.com.***
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information**