About the Aga Khan Foundation
For nearly 50 years, the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) has been partnering with communities, governments and private sector to harness the best from people from all backgrounds to improve quality of life. The Foundation’s work is rooted in core values of self-reliance, pluralism, and respect for human dignity. AKF is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), one of the world’s leading poverty solution networks. AKDN makes long-term investments, builds permanent institutions and cultivates an active civil society, impacting tens of millions of people annually in 30 countries. Alongside its sister AKDN agencies, the Foundation designs and implements innovative, community-driven solutions that are based on decades of experience, learning and evaluation. In Uganda, the Foundation is implementing projects in Education, ECD, Adolescent SRHR, Gender, Youth livelihoods, skilling & entrepreneurship, and Civil Society.
Opportunity: Call for Applications: Team Building Experts
AKF is seeking a professional and experienced Human Resource, or people development consultancy firm or team to facilitate an upcoming team building exercise to be conducted in September 2022. AKF currently employs 50 staff working in field offices across the Central and West Nile regions (2 offices in Kampala, Arua, Yumbe and Moyo). Over half of the existing team was recruited between 2020 and 2021 during lockdown and have not had the opportunity to all meet in person and get to know each other. This team building exercise would be critical in enabling the team to get to know and appreciate one another and their roles and allow us to start to cultivate a work culture and environment that is welcoming and conducive, so that all staff regardless of their workstation can feel like they are part of the larger AKF family in Uganda and the region. The Foundation therefore requires a suitably qualified firm to plan and facilitate a team building exercise for this team to achieve this objective.
- Introductory meeting with the SMT to understand the goals of the assignment
- Assessment of the existing culture and where we are as a team
- Design and facilitation of a 2-day team building exercise
- Final report with guidance to the SMT on the way forward to continue cultivating the desired culture
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies
- Team with HR professionals/experts with postgraduate/professional qualifications in Human Resources or Organizational Development
- Team with minimum of 10 years (per individual) professional/senior HR experience in leading private sector or development setting
- At least 5 years’ demonstrable experience delivering team building exercises to top tier organizations with comparable or larger teams
- Creative team that can facilitate an exciting and fruitful 2-day event
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.
- Job City Kampala
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Terms of Reference for Water Harvesting and Sustainable Environment Management at ACTED
- REACH FIELD OFFICER (06) – UGANDA at ACTED
- Country Director – Nigeria at Danish Refugee Council
- M&E Field Coordinator- Short-Term Assignments at Crest Point for Consultancy and Development
- International Communications Advisor- Country Support at Christian Aid