- We are recruiting a pool of experts for an exciting new opportunity on a FCDO-funded peacebuilding programme in South Sudan.
- Short term advisory roles
- Global with potential travel to project locations (South Sudan)
Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors around the world, including the UK’s Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO), and the European Union (EU). Our people are focused on improving lives by working side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth, and good governance. You can find out more about our work with UK and European clients here.
Tetra Tech International Development is part of Tetra Tech, a global family of experts providing international development services in over 13 key practice areas in over 100 countries around the world. Tetra Tech serves the major aid markets in the UK and Europe, as well as the U.S. Agency for International Development, the U.S. Department of State, Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, and multilateral development banks.
FCDO through CSSF is currently procuring the Peacebuilding Opportunities Fund 2 (POF2) programme in South Sudan, an £8m programme with a three-year duration from September 2023.
This programme seeks to support communities, including women, youth and other marginalised groups, in target conflict hotspots (currently Lakes State, Jonglei State and Greater Pibor Administrative Area with the possibility of expansion to new areas) to manage, reduce, and prevent violent conflict in increasingly inclusive and sustainable ways, including technical assistance to build community conflict resolution capabilities; direct support to inclusive, community-led, intra and inter-communal peace dialogue processes; and activities to address livelihoods and climate-related drivers of violence.
We are recruiting experts for a pool of advisors for short term consultancy assignments. The assignments will be remote/ home based with potential travel to project locations and to Juba, South Sudan, if needed. We’re recruiting experts with the following expertise and experience:
- Grassroots community peacebuilding in projects in South Sudan
- Conflict analysis in South Sudan
- Research on logging and natural resources as a driver of conflict (preferably South Sudan)
- Integrating livelihood interventions in peacebuilding (i.e., peace dividends and livelihood opportunities for sustainable peace)
- Trauma-informed and healing-centred peacebuilding
- Conflict mediation and negotiation at community level in South Sudan
- Customary law and social norms in South Sudan
- Designing monitoring and evaluation systems for peacebuilding projects and conducting evaluations of community-level interventions (preferably in South Sudan)
Applications close: 09 July 2023
Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI and climate advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all of our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups. Our security and broader HSSE approaches are tailored to contexts we work in, including extensive work in fragile and conflict affected states.
How to apply
Please follow hereby link and click on the ‘apply now’ button to start your application: Call for experts – South Sudan – Tetra Tech Careers (selectminds.com)
Please note applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
For further enquiries please contact us at TTIDE.People@tetratech.com and quote the reference number.’
Related NGO Jobs in Africa
- Accountability Assistant at International Medical Corps (IMC)
- MEAL Officer at International Medical Corps (IMC)
- Principal Outreach and Selection Officer at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Machine Learning Specialist at AKADEMIYA2063
- TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR QURBANIC MONITORING 2023 PROJECT at Islamic Relief